Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Liar's Game

HARRY’S POINT OF VIEW 

I got up from the couch with my phone in my hand. I heard Louis call out a ‘good luck’ as I walked into my room. I walked into my room, closing the door behind me, and I sat down on my unmade bed. I didn’t make any movement to call Elizabeth. I just stared at the wall. What was I going to say? ‘Oh hey babe, I need your permission to make out with Chris in public while you’re stuck in England.’ I don’t think that’d go well.

I sighed and ran a hand through my curls. Just grow a pair already... I looked down at my iPhone and unlocked it. I clicked on ‘Elizabeth’ and held the phone up to my ear. Seconds felt like hours as I waited for her to pick up.

“Hello?” I finally hear and I let out a small sigh of relief.

“Hey babe,” I said quietly.

“Hi Harry,” I heard her giggle. If it was any other phone call I would have laughed back and commented on how cute she was. She must have noticed I was acting different. “What’s up?”

“Missing you,” I stated honestly as I fell back against the bed. “But I wanted to ask you...” Here it goes. Should I really ask her for permission? What if she retaliates and dumps my sorry bum? But what if she says yes? Do I want to kiss Chris? Ha, like that’s even a question... of course I want to kiss Chris...

“Go on,” she prodded my thoughts. 

“I was wondering...” If I could make out with Chris, tongue included... Shit, this is harder then I thought. “If maybe...”

“Spit it out, Harry!”

“That’s what she said,” I couldn’t help myself.

She laughed and I could imagine her rolling her eyes. “Seriously, Har-bear.”

“Fine,” I sighed again. “I was wondering if maybe you could...” I can’t do this. I can’t break her heart like this. I’ve worked so hard for this relationship for it to crumble into pieces. 

“What is it?” She was getting impatient with each ticking second.

“If you could come to the United States soon!” I blurted. My eyes widened as I realized what I just said.

“But I can’t afford-”

“I’ll buy everything, don’t worry babe. I’m thinking early January?”

“I’ll ask my parents and get back to you, but it should be a yes.”

“Alright... Well I have to get off the phone now,” I scratched the back of my neck. Fuck. I’m in so much trouble.

“Harry?” She said quietly.

“Yea, Elizabeth?”

“I love you.”

“I love you too,” I smiled as I hung up. As soon as my phone screen turned black I ran my hands through my hair, tugging on my curls slightly. Did I really just do that? I pushed myself off the bed and walked back out to the living room. I walked in to see Zayn and Niall sandwiching Chris. Jealously flooded my body and I tried to shake it out of my system. This was getting too confusing.

“Well?” Louis looked up at me before his eyes flickered to Chris. They all looked up at me as I sighed loudly, for the millionth time tonight. I scratched the back of my neck, letting my hand fluff my hair again before I brought it back down to my side.

“She said...” I paused as I looked over at Chris. I bit my lip. This is going to be impossible to explain... Now the media isn’t going to think we’re a couple and I’ll get called fake... “That it’s okay!” I said quickly, my face pulling into a smile. WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST SAY?!