Chapter Twenty-Nine: Healing The Sick

“CHRIS. THIS IS ZAYN. PICK UP THE PHONE OR I WILL COME HUNT YOU DOWN.

Seriously, pick up your phone!

…Please?” My phone started to scream at me. I reached over and picked it up, holding it up to my ear slowly.

“Yea, Zayn?”

“Hawkeye, we have a problem.”

“Liam? What are you doing with Zayn’s phone?”

“This is unimportant. What is important; is that you get here as soon as possible. We also need the paparazzi to stop you and ask where your going and why.”

“And what do I tell them?”

“You’re going to help Harry feel better. He honestly is sick right now. All you need to do is have some movies in your hands. Got it, hawkeye?”

“Thanks dragon,” I laughed. Liam loved Stepbrothers as much as I did. The call ended as I got up and quickly changed into nice skinnies, simple tank top, warm jacket and a scarf to top the look off. I had my hair down and made sure the bangs looked alright. I grabbed three movies before calling out to my mom that I was leaving. Hopefully the paparazzi will notice me.

~

Why the hell did I wish the paparazzi would notice me? Three men were holding microphones up to my face, obviously forgetting that I had a personal bubble.

“I honestly have to go-”

“Where are you going? Where’s Harry? Is it true you two are breaking up?”

“I’m actually going to see him-”

“To break up with him?” I sent them a frown.

“No, he’s sick and I’m taking care of him-”

“Do you love Harry? Are you planning on tying the knot?”

“We’re not even 19!” My mouth dropped open. “I honestly have to go and cheer up my boyfriend.”

“Do you know what he’s sick with? Did you give it to him? Do you believe Harry is cheating on you?”

“Harry is not cheating on me, that’s the most absurd thing in the world to say.”

“He is a player-”

“Harry Styles is not a player. He is a one- woman man. And I love that about him-” The lies were just flying all over the place.

“You do love him?”

“Have a good day!” I quickly ran into the hotel and into the elevator, closing the door on them. I sighed and let my back hit the wall. How do the boys deal with them? The elevator dinged, indicating it was my floor. The elevator door was opening as I rubbed the tears out of my eyes. This was just so much to handle. No wonder Elizabeth didn’t want the attention.

“Chris?” My eyes snapped forward to the man in front of me. “Babe, what’s wrong?” He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the elevator. 

“The paparazzi.” I blubbed out, a few tears falling despite my efforts. “They’re just so mean.” I said like a little girl. I hardly ever cried, and I’ve only cried in front of a few people. Niall, being one of them.

“It’s okay, we all hate them.” Niall wrapped his arms around me as I cried into his neck. “Shh,” he patted my back slowly. “It’s okay now, you don’t have to deal with them.” He pulled away from me and moved my hands off my face. His thumbs rubbed under my eyes, helping with my make up and the tears.