34. Slight Hindrance

A gun fight between the men in white and the security guards of the medical research facility has begun and it becomes quite hectic.

"Do you recognize them Professor?" Lita

"Why no. I've never seen these men before. What could they possibly want causing all of this commotion?" Weq

Lita glances back at Miyuki who is still undergoing treatment and gets a bad feeling.

"...... Shit." Lita

"What's wrong Dr Lita?" Weq

"If it's one thing that I do not believe in, it's coincidences." Lita says then moves from the window.

"How long until Miyuki's treatment is finished?" Lita

"Huh? Oh! Um... Well given the speed of the procedure I'd estimate that it would go for another 15 to 20 mintues! But doctor Lita! What are you planning to do?! And.... Is that a gun?! Where did you even get that from?!" Weq asks noticing Lita inspect a pitol that she pulled from underneath her lab coat.

"Apologies Professor. I know that you are against weapons in your work area but, I believe that I am not the only one that has broken your first rule." Lita says then exits the lab.

Weq suddenly hears the same door open back up, turns back around and notices Lita sticking her head back in the room.

"How about I make it up to you with a nice home cooked dinner?" Lita

"Eh?! Um... That sounds.. Nice." Weq answers feeling bewildered.

"It's a date then. Kay?" Lita says right before she winks and exits once more.

"... Oh dear." Weq says as he fixes his lab coat.

As Lita enters the stair well she heads downstairs, pulls a military knife from her lower back, uses her free fingers and pulls up the headband around her neck to hold back her curly hair. Lita makes it to the last bit of stairs where she hears a set of gun fire and screams. She gets to the door, quickly marks her targets and bursts through the door. Lita immediately takes aim, fires a few shots and kills 3 men in white before she takes cover behind of the nearest desk the moment shots are fired after her. She looks to her side and notices a couple of other scientists cowering in fear behind of a pillar. They stare at her with a look of help. She doesn't want to alert the men in white of her next move so she uses her hands to communicate in sign language hoping that they would understand.

"On 3 run to me." Is what Lita says in sign language.

The 2 scientists looks at each other, nods, turns to Lita and they both nod to her for confirmation. Lita uses her fingers to count to 3 and she quickly springs up to fire after the men in white. The 2 scientists sprint for Lita and dives behind of the desk. Lita ducks back behind of the desk the moment they had arrived.

"Are you you both alright?" Lita

They shake their heads up and down at a frantic pace.

"Head up the stairs to Doctor Weq. Alright?" Lita

Once again they frantically nod their heads for confirmation. While staying low the 2 scientists rush to the stairs and make their way to Weq's lab.

"Move up!! Kill that son of a bitch already!!" Man in white.

A large team of the men in white suits would turn their attention to where Lita is located and begins to march toward her.

"Professor. Do you read me?" Lita asks right after she activates her wrist device.

"Yes! I read you loud and clear! Are you ok?!" Weq

"For the time being yes but I need a small favor." Lita