17. Complications

Lok struggles to free himself of Charlette's firm grasp but his efforts end in vain.

"Now now, be a good boy and stay still for mama." Charlette says then pulls out a circular device from her bosom.

She presses a button and a small screen pops up from a hidden compartment showing the words voice only.

"Brent hun. Could you come here please?" Charlette

"On my way." The man says then ends the call.

"*Sigh* Honestly... How can a gal enjoy herself at her own club when kids keep sneaking in? Not to mention those Cerberus ruffians are here to ask me some questions. When Brent gets here I'll make sure he goes easy on you alright cutie? Hmm~ too bad I can't keep you though." Charlette

"Ngh!... Hey guys, I really want to be in the field for a change. I think I'm ready. Yeah I know its a club but what better way to prove myself right? Perfect. Fucking perfect I tell ya!" Lok says ranting to himself.

"Is everything alright here?" Penta asks as she is looking at the guard on the ground grasping his stomach.

"Really fucking perfect...... Gotta convice her to let me go befo-.... I wonder." Lok

"Hm? Oh sugar please don't worry about that big lug. Too much to drink I reckon. Would you care for a drink?" Charlette

"No thank you we're still on duty. We've received information that the group known as the Rogue Chaos has entered Mars's air space. Since you're a busy woman I'll keep this quick with a simple question... Have you seen any of these people?" Penta says then reaches in her uniform jacket pocket.

Penta pulls out a small device, it displays a multiple number of holograms showing wanted posters of the Rogue Chaos faction and holds it out for Charlette to see. In that instant, Lok was able to perform a 180 against Charlette's bare skin, Charlette instantly tightens her grip, rests her hand on his head and gently pets him as a sign to calm down. Charlette leans forward to properly examine the pictures and quickly stops to examine Lok's photo.

"Huh? Isn't that.... EEEK!" Charlette suddenly lets out a shriek and would quickly cover her mouth with her free hand.

"What is it?! You've seen one of them?!" Penta

"What's going on here?!" Brent says as he rushes up to the scene.

"I-I-Its alright Brent! N-N-N-Nothing to W-Worry about heheheheh." Charlette says then bites down on her index finger .

"Um... Ok." Brent

"You're turning red...." Says the man who accompanied Penta, Rico.

"You got a fever or something?" Sol

"No n-no. I um.. Just!... Can't believe that such a, haah.... Cute little boy...Haah, ugh! Could be so... Dangerous! Ngh! Brent sweat heart would you be a dear and get me a ginger ale?! My stomach seems to be a bit on the angry side tonight!" Charlette tries to say while she desperately restrains herself from letting out unusual noises.

"..... Sure.... Be right back...." Brent says then walks away.

".... Well, that boy is quite the threat if not handled properly. Please come straight to us if you've seen and or have heard about any of them. Enjoy your night." Penta says then leads her team away.

"Th-Thank you! Mmmm!!" Chatlette

Outside of the club Tenna, Cameron, Miyuki and Ares arrive to their car when they notice that they are short a member.

"OI! Bird's eye whats taking so long?" Tenna says through coms but there is no response.

"No response is never a good thing." Cameron

..... So much for low profile." Ares says then walks back towards the club.

Penta and her team make it halfway down the stairs when she comes to a sudden stop witch stops the entire group.

"Everything alright boss?" Rico

"Don't know." Penta

"She did react to that Forge kid's picture in a sense." Sol

"She knows more than she's leading on." Penta

Penta turns back but as she took the first step up, a sense of danger causes her to snap her head back just in time to witness a large knife fly past right in front of her face. Penta stumbles back, Sol catches her and they hear something heavy hit the stairs. Penta looks to see that Rico has fallen to the ground lifeless with the very same knife lodged in his head. Celina, the other member of the group remains quiet and keeps a straight face. A loud shriek sounds off due to the sight of Rico's dead body and a panic erupts. Penta turns to see the surprising sight of a crowd of people parting to show Ares tossing up a knife repeatedly, his other hand in his pocket and has his gaze locked on her.

"That son of a bitch!" Sol

"Ares?... Him being here confirms it! Celina retrieve Charlette now!" Penta

Celina nods and races to her objective.

"How do you want to handle this?" Sol

Penta stares at Ares for a moment, reaches down and pulls out the knife that was lodged in Rico's skull.

"I wanna kick his ass." Penta says then marches down the steps.

Sol simply follows. Penta and Sol would stop a couple of feet in front of Ares who is still tossing up his knife.

"That's 13 teammates in total you've killed off so far." Penta

"Besides the most recent one. You're the one that sent them after me." Ares

"I trained them and they had a duty to uphold!" Penta

"Oh Penta. It doesn't matter how many you throw after me. Pebbles are still pebbles." Ares

Penta clenches her teeth as she stares at Ares with complete malice. Celina makes it near the V.I.P. where she spots Charlette run out to look over the railing. Celina immediately springs into action by reaching out to grab hold of Charlette. She gets with in a centimeters reach when she is halted in her tracks by a hand grabbing her wrist. Charlette turns to notice the sudden occurrence. Celina looks over to see that the person who grabbed her is Lok.

"Oh my! Did you come all the way back here to grab hold of good old Charlette sugar?" Charlette

Lok looks downstairs and notices that Ares is about to face off against Penta and Sol.

".... I can't help but feel responsible for this...." Lok