Chapter 16: The Ties That Bind

Season 3 Episode 12

"Morning," I mutter to Klaus's abs slowly waking up. "Good morning love," Nik says before planting a kiss on my head. "What are we going to be doing today?" I ask Nik as I sit up in bed to face Nik. "I am gonna talk to your brother and see what else I have to do to get our family back," Nik says before planting another kiss on my head. "Well, that seems fun," I whisper to Nik as I lay back down with my head on Nik's lap. "You still tired love?" Nik asks. "No, I just like laying in your lap," I say to Nik as Nik pets my hair. "Well, I have to get up and start the day you can stay in bed if you would like," Nik says. "No, I am gonna go talk to my brother while you talk to the other one," I say before going to the bathroom to get ready and when I get out Nik is gone. 

"Hello big brother," I say to Damon as I enter the Grill. "Hello, baby sister," Damon says. "What are you doing today?" I ask him as I sit next to him. "Nothing much," Damon says. "Good I want to bring you somewhere," I say before grabbing Damon's hand and bringing him to my car. "Where are we going?" Damon asks me as I start driving. "Not telling," I say as I continue to drive.

"Why are we here?" Damon asks as we pull up to Nik's house. "I told you we gotta talk," I say before walking inside. "The hybrids are gone," Damon says. "Yes, because of our stupid brother," I say to Damon. "Oh so we are gonna start talking about our little bro okay," Damon says. "Damon just give back our family please," I say to Damon. "Stefan has them not me," Damon says. "I know that but you and he use to be so close," I say to Damon. "Look, I will talk to Stefan and I will see what he will do," Damon says. "Damon I love you but you need to know I love Klaus too," I say to Damon. "Look, I get it you love him you married him for god's sake. I know I can't get you to leave him but he tried to kill Elena," Damon says.

"Why do you care about her Damon? She is using you," I say to Damon. "How do you know that Alex? How?" Damon says. "Do you see the way she is with you she was never like that when Stefan was here. Since she can't have Stefan she wants you please use common sense brother please," I beg Damon as I start to cry. "Why do you hate her so much?" Damon asks. "She tried to kill Nik, she is turning you and Stefan against me, she is making your bond with your own baby brother worse than Katherine ever did. You wanna know what? Elena is worse than Katherine. At least Katherine admitted she loved you both while Elena just denies it," I say to Damon.

"Okay, enough," Damon says. "I'm just protecting you D," I say. "Look can you please trust me?" Damon asks me. "Fine but when she breaks your heart and gets back together with Stefan I will kill her," I say to Damon before walking over to the bar to get some bourbon. "Hey, I have to go but I want to talk to you later," Damon says before kissing me on the head and leaving.

"Hello love," Nik says as he pops out of nowhere. "Where the hell were you?" I ask. "I just pulled up and saw Damon leave," Nik says. "Yeah, we needed to talk," I say to Nik. "What's going on?" Nik asks. "I'm trying to protect Damon from Elena she is going to hurt him and then what? Huh? He is going to pretend that he isn't hurt but he is," I cry out to Nik before Nik hugs me. "What do you want me to do?" Nik asks me. "Kill her," I say. "Love," Nik says. "She is going to break Damon's heart because oh Stefan is all broody but when he gets back to how he used to be she is going to run back into his arms saying oh how much I love you and crap," I say to Nik. "Look I will have a talk with Damon later alright?" Nik asks me. "Ok," I say before walking towards my room.

"Hey, love I am going to get my family you want to come?" Nik asks me. "No, I want to stay here and watch some Netflix and eat ice cream," I say to Nik. "Okay, I will see you when I get back then," Nik says before kissing me on the lips and wiping off the icecream off my lips.

Klaus pov:

"What took you so long?" I ask Damon as we are in the Witch house. "Hiding behind your witchy friends. And in squalor, no less," I say before I start screaming because of the witches. "Insulting a bunch of dead witches...not smart. I made the exact same mistake the first time I came here," Damon says. "Well you know the funny things about the witches is that living or dead they care about their own. A hundred dead witches have a thousand living descendants... And I have no problem killing every last one of them if I don't get my coffins back. As we speak, my hybrid friend is prepared to end the Bennet line," I say before the witches stop using their magic to hurt me.

"Now. Please... Show me the coffins, "I say before the coffins appear. "Where's the fourth?" I ask Damon. "Show me!" I yell to the witches. "Well ehh, here's the thing. They can't. It's not here," Damon says to me. "What did you do?" I ask Damon. "Well, Bonnie gave me a head's up. I mean, I didn't have enough time to get all four, but I did have time to get one," Damon says. "I will tear you limb from limb. And only then when you are writhing mass of blood and flesh, will I rip your heart from your chest," I say to Damon. "Sorry same rules apply, you know to leverage and all. I  know you want your family back. But something tells me you want what's in that coffin a lot more," Damon says.

"You know, I told Alexandria that I would talk to you about Elena," I say to Damon still pissed off. "Oh, yeah and what did she say?" Damon asks. "She wants me to come talk to you," I say to Damon as I text my hybrid's to get my coffins out of here. "Why?" Damon asks me. "She is scared that Elena is going to break your heart," I say to Damon. "Oh, is she well tell her to not worry about me," Damon says. "You know she can't stop worrying about you ever since you were children. She is very protective of you Damon and would do anything to protect you," I say to Damon. "Look's like I'm not dying then," Damon says. "No, but your brother that's a different story," I say to Damon. 

"Look she doesn't need to worry about me," Damon says. "She still is especially if you are involved with Elena," I say before leaving the house with my family.

Alex's pov:

"We have our family back," I say to Nik as I see the coffins. "Elijah," Nik says as he kills one of Nik's hybrids. "So, Niklaus..." Elijah says. "Elijah," Nik says. "What did I miss?" Elijah asks as Nik and I are in shock.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another chapter completed 

Comment and Vote

See you next chapter