Bachelor Number Two

Ray didn't realize how long he played for until his DS flashed red and the battery died.

He looked up at the clock and almost choked. It was 5:30, it didn't even seem possible that he had played that long!

Ray grabbed the nearest shirt and his pants from the night before and rushed to put them on. He hasn't had a shower so he smelled like he'd spent the past year of his life in a garbage.

There wasn't enough time to properly get ready so Ray would just have to hope deodorant would do its job well.

Sneaking out for the second time was the next problem. He figured that he should just run out and face the consequences when he got home to save coming up with an excuse.

Ray stuffed his wallet in his pockets and walked out of his room. His dad was watching TV not paying any attention.

So he ran. Out the front door and down the street, slowing down as he reached a turn. Ray stopped to catch his breath, breathing deeply.

By the time he reached the diner Ray's hair was a mess from running and his shirt, as it turned out, was actually dirty. A quick look around told him that Michael wasn't here yet.

He sat in a booth and tried to flatten out his hair. Ray was just checking himself out in the reflection of a nearby window when he heard someone clear their throat.

He quickly turned to see a guy in a Pokemon shirt standing in front of him.

"Hey, are you Ray?" He asked, looking him up and down. Ray nodded and moved aside to make room for Michael.

"Hi, sorry I'm a mess, I had to run here," Ray explained. Michael just laughed and ran his hand through his auburn curls.

"Well you got here before I did so I guess we both suck ass at getting around. You look fine by the way," Michael said.

Ray turned his attention to Michael's shirt. "You play Pokemon?" He asked.

"Fuck yeah I do! I live for it, you?" Michael turned to Ray and smiled. He had the most adorable dimples Ray had ever seen.

"Dude, I just spent like, seven hours playing it,' he laughed. The date was going well so far.

After they had ordered and got their food Michael asked, "So is this the first blind date you've been on or...?"

Ray shook his head. "No, I went on the first yesterday, a guy named Geoff," he replied.

"Oh I know Geoff! He's got the tats right? Everybody knows him, he found the loudspeaker and announced to the school that he'd caught two teachers making out in an office, he's a legend," Michael said.

The rest of the date went smoothly. They talked about video games, school and other random shit.

"Alright, I think it's time we pay the bill and go," Michael said, waving over a waiter. Ray pulled out his wallet but Michael waved him off.

"I got this," he said and paid for both their meals. Ray started to thank him but Michael acted as though it was nothing.

"This was fucking great, let's do it again sometime," Michael said as they walked out the door and into the cold.

"Yeah, but I got a few more blind dates to go on, you got my number so call me!" Ray replied. He went to start walking but Michael stopped him.

"A date like this has to end well," He smiled and kissed Ray on the lips. Then he waved goodbye and walked off before Ray could even wave back.

He smiled to himself and started walking with his hand in his pockets. Both dates had ended in a 'call me' and a kiss, they were both great.

Maybe the next would be just as good or even better! But only time could tell that.