21: A Surprise

The little H/C haired, E/C eyed, four-year old infant sat in the strange new place unable to understand why he was there.

He had been there for a few days. Upon arrival, he had cried many times, he missed his family, or, who he thought was his family. He remembered the kind, brown-haired woman who used to sing him lullabies to sleep, and the lazy, humorous man who would read him bedtime stories, and taught him how to use a potty.

Most of all though, he missed the pink-haired girl who used to play with him while the two adults worked. The girl who used to shift her appearance to amuse him. The girl who was there for him when he woke up with nightmares, the girl who was his protector, his guardian.

He hated this strange new place. It felt so unfamiliar, and the place was filled with children, either older than him or younger. Hardly any were his age.

The place was run by a nice woman with brown hair similar to the mother he had known for two years of his life, but instead of similar brown eyes her eyes were a light blue colour. She was very nice, and the child did not dislike her, but she lacked the true love a mother could give. Due to there being so many children, she could hardly spend individual time with them or give them individual love.

Because of this lack of love, little Y/N L/N could not live the once happy life he once had. The life he had before Cornelius Fudge ripped him from the grasp of his adopted family, and sent him to this place.

* * *

A year had passed since little Y/N had joined the Orphanage, and he had almost forgotten his once-loved adopted family.

He was... an odd child to say the least.

Ever since he had left his adopted family, he had entered a stage of unhappiness, which was unusual for a child of that age.

The blue-eyed woman, Annie, as he had come to know her, would always express her concern. He did not socialise with the other children, he hardly ever spoke, and hardly ever smiled.

His doctors had told Annie that the boy also lacked a sense of imagination, something a child should be buzzing with at that age.

What was most impressive about this pretty much emotionless child was his intellect. He was five now, and was already reading full-chapter books, as well as multiply numbers from 1 to 15. He was also a talented artist. And could draw better than any adult Annie had met.

He indeed was a mysterious child, a rare find. In all Annie's years around children, she had never met a child so... grown up.

And then, the day came, he day where the most mysterious child in that Orphanage did something that shocked her.

One day, a new child had been registered to join the Orphanage, one who was just about able to lift her head. Her mother had died from childbirth and her father was unknown. She had a small tuft of blonde hair on her head and bright green eyes.

On the day of her arrival, the little kids all aged from 3 to 8 huddled around her, squealing and commenting on how cute she was. Y/N, as usual, stayed in his corner, reading.

Annie decided to call out to him, and greet their new sibling.

He did so reluctantly, and eyes the newborn as if she wasn't anything special, and proceeded to return to his corner and continue reading.