2: Dinner With The Grangers

Hermione Granger always hated to be left in suspense.

When her mother had returned from work that day, she had immediately set out to cooking dinner, and due to the abnormal amount of food, Hermione assumed some sort of special occasion.

However, when she asked her mother about it, she simply gave her a mischievous grin and said they'd be having a 'special guest' over for dinner.

The Granger household had always been comfortable to live in, and the family weren't that fussed about keeping the place in pristine condition. But when guests came over, they had an unspoken rule to make the house look as presentable as possible. For some reason, in this case Hermione's mum wasn't bothering to tidy at all.

Taking all of this information into account, Hermione deduced that the 'special guest' was someone who definitely wouldn't judge an untidy household. But who could it be?

An old schoolfriend of her mother's or father's? Some long-lost relative she'd never met before? Hermione hated the suspense of it all.

When her father returned from work later that evening, Hermione was ushered out of the living room so her parents could discuss the 'special guest'. Hearing her mother's muffled eagerness and her father's hesitant tone, it was clear that it wasn't something her father had been expecting to hear. But soon afterwards, her father was speaking with a tone that almost rivaled his wife's eagerness.

Hermione always prided herself on being intellectual. And so when she couldn't figure something out it straight up irritated her.

And so here she was, banging her head repeatedly on her desk as she tried to figure out who'd be showing up. Her Hogwarts books lay forgotten on the floor.

Finally, she heard the doorbell.

She leapt off her desk and came rushing down the stairs, almost driven mad at this point. She could already hear her mother greeting the guest and letting him or her inside.

She reached the end of stairs and bolted down the corridor, unfortunately, as she turned the corner, she ran straight into someone, much to her parents amusement.

The stranger went toppling to the ground, and she just managed to keep her balance and remained standing. As she looked down to apologise, her face already red from embarrassment, her brown eyes met some very familiar E/C ones.

She could have sworn her jaw hit the ground as she saw him. Still laying on the ground, the E/C eyed, H/C haired boy grinned nervously up at her.

"Hey Hermione." said Y/N L/N hesitantly.

* * *

Hermione looked like she'd die from embarrassment. Which, in all honesty, was pretty darn hilarious.

As Annie and the Grangers communicated in the dining room, Hermione and Y/N were sent to the living room to 'catch up.'

Hermione hadn't said a single word so far, she simply hid her red face in her arms. Y/N could tell she was still embarrassed about what had happened earlier.

"Sooo..." Y/N said eventually. "You keep your books stacked absolutely everywhere huh?" he grinned. Jesturing towards the stacks of fiction and non-fiction piled on shelves in the room.

Hermione finally looked at him, and he was pleased to see the familiar look of reproach.

"Well, there's no room for all of them in my room, so I have them around the house!" she exclaimed defensively.