Dark secrets (21)

Lissa's P.O.V

"Hiking...In the woods...We're still alive...Please don't hurt me." I pleaded. Jade gave Ash the puppy dog look.

"Lissa and I haven't had any bonding time since Raksha got kidnapped a month ago! We went hiking to bond; it's something we do A LOT! It's how we know what goes on in each other's lives. We're sorry! We didn't think we would be gone for so long! We just have so much to catch up on!" Jade yelled sounding distressed and looking totally adorable in the heart broken puppy sort of way.

"What would you two have to catch up on?" Ash asked trying to see if Jade was lying. I could not believe he was resisting Jades puppy dog face charm. Maybe it was a boy thing.

"We're girls. Recent gossip, opinions about you and Kestrel and Raksha and Matt, battle strategies, training, pads, periods-" Jade started listing the things we would talk about and then going on to stuff men do not want or need to know about. Ash's face was actually kind of funny. When Jade mentioned Kestrel and him, hew blushed and when Jade started listing the end of the list his face morphed into horror.

"Okay that explains why you were gone so long. Any way we got two large cheese pizzas for you two okay." Ash interrupted and started walking away. He must have forgotten the bit about Kestrel and him. Then he turned back and said "Oh yeah, there's nothing going on between Kestrel and Me." and he continued walking to his room. The liar. He was such a bad liar. He liked Kestrel...Interesting. I was tempted to start singing that annoying kissing song but that was childish. Lissa and Dimitri sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G first comes love then comes marriage then comes a baby in a little blue carriage- Jade started singing telepathically.

Knock it off. I interrupted while she giggled as I started blushing. I didn't realise Dimitri had come down until he tapped me on my shoulder.

"Can we talk?" He asked. I nodded my head and followed him upstairs to his room.

"Look I'm sorry I kissed you I don't know what came over me-" He started.

"It's only natural. We've both been under a lot of stress and pressure so a moment of physical attraction was natural. Let's just pretend nothing happened okay." I interrupted him. It was true but why did I feel so sad that he didn't like me that way. I must be ill. Dimitri nodded and said something I didn't catch.

"Lissa come on your pizza is getting cold." Jade yelled as she ran into the room. Saved by my sister. I owe Jade big time. As we walked into the kitchen, I caught Jade shaking her head like she was disappointed in me. Oh well, nothing pizza can't solve.

Raksha's P.O.V

I was frustrated as I got into my Porsche. After threatening and beating up a bunch of gangs and people who illegally sold weapons. I managed to get only 15 handguns, 10 shotguns, 20 rifles, 11 semi-automatic rifles, a bunch of grenades and more weapons. At least half the stuff in my car was illegal. At home, I could get a lot more than that, and at least three quarters of my arsenal would have been illegal. What has the world come to, when even the bad guys run out of weapons? I had decided long ago that if the choice was between getting into trouble for owning illegal weapons and dying because I didn't have one when needed. I'd gladly take the former. I also had hired a forger for everything necessary passport, birth certificate etc.  

When I finally got back to the house I was greeted by the oh so lovely shouting of Kestrel. Charming. "Guys, I need help unloading the car!" I yelled

"Okay coming! By the way Mathew and Jordan are being wimps because they got hit by multiple bolts of power!" Kestrel replied. Mathew and Jordan didn't even bother denying so I believe they had passed out or something. "Jeez! WHAT IS THIS! When I said get some weapons I meant the baseball bat weapons category not Firearms weapons category! Please tell me please tell me that there isn't a single illegal weapon in there." Kestrel yelled. (Thank god we can erase people's minds or we would be in so much trouble.)

"There isn't a single illegal weapon in there." I answered truthfully.

"What is THIS?" she yelled holding up a bunch of grenades

 "I have a lot of illegal weapons in there." I answered while helping her unload the car.

"I don't know how to use them. Knife and such yeah sure, anything but guns. You'll have to teach me." Kestrel said as she helped me once she calmed down. I suspected maybe she was a little bi-polar. We dumped them on the sofa and the boys decided to come up from the basement.

"Are those...?" Matt asked trailing off.

"Yeah, I'll teach you later, I just want to walk in central park for a while, I'll be back soon." I said hopping into the car.

When I arrived at the park, I didn't believe my eyes, that person could not be alive.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.