Dark secrets (18)

Kestrel's P.O.V

What is wrong with me? Do I like Ash? What's wrong with Raksha? I went to look for her, when I found her let's just say what I saw burned my eyes and would be imprinted in my memory forever. She was clinging to Mathew like her life depended on it. Seriously, it was nothing much but I have an over active imagination. Raksha must have had a bad day for her to throw her female pride out the window.

I went to my tent and fell asleep.

~~~~~Kestrels dream~~~~~

"Okay come with us and no one gets hurt!" The man I now know as Hunter said the way bad guys in movies say the line. I was eight at the time and couldn't do anything

"Sissy, what are they doing?" My little brother Tommy asked. He sounded more confused than scared. Poor Tommy.

"Leave them alone Hunter. She doesn't want to go with you." My Dad said his body shielding my mother.

"SHUT UP!" Hunter yelled and pulled the trigger. Dad died. My father just died.

"Sissy why isn't Daddy moving?" Tommy asked sounding like he could burst into tears at any moment. I couldn't answer. I was too scared.

"JOHNATHAN!" My mother shrieked hysterically shaking my dad.

"Shut up brat!" Hunter yelled and then he shot my mother.

"MOMMY!" Tommy yelled. Tommy only inherited a little of dad's genes so he was practically a human. If daddy was too shocked to stop a bullet, I probably couldn't.

"Okay, I'll go with you. Just leave him alone." I said. Inside me I hated giving in. I wanted to lunge and kill him, to at least die trying than live knowing I gave in. I knew why I felt like this, Dad had told me it was because we were created to be weapons. "He has done nothing wrong, he's not a threat, spare him." I pleaded.

"Good girl my dear, don't want him to get hurt now do you?" Hunter sneered.

"NO! SISSY NO!" Tommy yelled.

"I'm sorry Tommy. I love you, always have always will." I knelt down to kiss my brother on his forehead and hug him one last time. I ignored the fact that he didn't return the hug and looked utterly betrayed .I walked out the room following hunter and shielded my poor six year old brother. It was a precaution in case Hunter rushed in to shoot him or something. Tommy said nothing the whole time. He just watched me go. Go to the orphanage Tommy you'll be safe. I sent to him along with the directions of where to go. Goodbye California I thought. Whoever adopts Tommy, please take care of him.

It was the last time he saw me but not the last time I saw him. The Greggers were good to him, they loved him. But not more than I do. I would have taken Tommy with me, Raksha wouldn't mind. But Tommy wouldn't remember me; he would hate me if he remembered me.

~~~~Dream over~~~~

I woke up-thankfully not screaming-but because Ash had woken me up. I found myself gazing into his ever changing eyes. He probably didn't know that his eye colour reflected his mood. Goldeny brown meant he was happy. Red stood for anger. Green for jealousy. Blue for sadness. But whenever he looked at me his eyes kept changing colours. I never could guess why. He looked worried.

"Are you okay? Who is Tommy?" Ash asked. Before I knew it I was crying. Ash held me even when I stopped. Then I fell asleep.

Matt's P.O.V.

When I woke up, I swear I had the shock of my life. I was teasing her I never expected her to really be here. I'm not complaining but it was weird to wake up holding someone. I shifted a bit and she snuggled into me. Wow. Then of course she had to wake up just then stretching like she did this every day.

"Good morning sleeping beauty, sleep well?" I asked to tease her. She stopped stretching and flinched, oh god don't tell me I sleep walked into her tent like a stalker.

"Oh you're awake. Jeez next time tap me on the shoulder or something you scared me you know." She replied immediately and turned around and stared. What? So maybe I'm a six pack so what?

"Like something you see?" I asked just to tease her. I did not expect her to blush and look away and mumble yes maybe I do. I almost didn't hear it so I couldn't be sure.

"No, now stop being a pervert and looking at me like that so I can go get some breakfast." Raksha said as she stood up. I followed her out the tent, thank god other than us only Lissa was awake. Ash would have killed me if I walked out of the same tent as Raksha like that. Oh well. Raksha was having a conversation with Lissa. The scene was so familiar.

 "If you had to choose between heaven and hell which would you pick?" I remembered Raksha asking.

"Heaven. Obviously." I answered without thinking. I mean who would want to go to hell.

"Are you sure about that?" Raksha asked curiously.

"Yeah! If you had a choice which would you pick?" I answered defensively.

"Easy, Hell." She answered laughing at my expression.

"What why?" I asked curious now.

"Because I don't want to see my enemies in heaven so I'll go to hell. If any go to hell, I get to watch them suffer." She immediately answered laughing at the expression on my face. At that moment Lissa decided to walk towards us. Back then I had a crush on her and I'd follow her anywhere to have her. Raksha looked like a demon compared to Lissa who looked like an angel compared to her sister. If Lissa was Heaven and Raksha was Hell and I had to choose it's funny how now I'd choose the opposite. Once Raksha and I had stopped being friends, I practically obsessed about her. I missed her a lot and I and Jordan's revenge seemed really stupid. She was more independent than I thought. The only time she did anything stupid was when she punched me in the face.

"Okay, I'll take Matt, Kestrel and Jordan with me to New York and you take Ash, Jade and Dimitri to California." Raksha said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What?!" I asked shocked.

"You're going to New York with me." Raksha announced. God what did I miss?