Dark secrets (20)

Raksha's P.O.V

She collapsed crying like she was watching everything precious to her burn and everyone she cared about being tortured to death. "I c-c-can't t-ta-ta-talk a-about i-it." She sobbed.

"It's okay I shouldn't have asked...Dry your eyes, we need to go clothe and person to make another person's design shopping." I said perkily trying to cheer her up. It worked.

"Person to make another person's design shopping?" She asked.

"A bunch of guys invited me to this masquerade ball-two weeks from now-at their school. They were my brother's friends so I said why not. I'm also designing the dresses!" I squealed and showed her the design book I brought with me everywhere and showed her the designs. She looked shocked.

" These are adorable! I love you! I didn't know you were artistic." Kestrel responded happily.

"I also sing and play the piano. No I will NOT perform for you or anyone but Lissa and Jade." I said quickly.

After another 4 hours of shopping we found what we were looking for. I wrote a list for future reference:

1.      If possible AVOID shopping with Kestrel at all costs.

2.      If not possible do NOT even attempt to escape.

3.      Avoid jeans with no back pockets it makes your but look fat.

4.      If shopping with Kestrel, Avoid Barneys like the plague. Fail to do so and you will walk out with far too many over-priced clothes.  

We also found someone willing to make the dresses. We also bought a black Porsche and yellow Ferrari. Kestrel crying her heart out was totally forgotten. I walked into the house wearing a black denim mini skirt and a dark blue tank top. Both hugged my body.

"Lunch was ready but we ate-Oh my god Raksha you look HOT. Wait I didn't mean you weren't hot before it's just-Never mind." Mathew said.

"You ate it didn't you." i said sighing. "Oh yeah! Two weeks from now, Kestrel and I are going to a masquerade ball. We already have dates too! Tomorrow, Kestrel will begin training you guys! Bye!" I yelled leaving Mathew staring opened mouth at me while I ran into the room I shared with Kestrel. We managed to double the beds in Ash's room and kestrel was going to sleep in his bed while I slept on the more comfortable duplicate. Wait Kestrel sleeping in my brother's bed just feels a little...wrong? I had to drag my once pure innocent mind out the gutter while I unpacked and went to have my second shower of the day.

Lissa's P.O.V

After we bought the house and went shopping I went to comfort Dimitri. Okay somehow in the middle of comforting him we started making out. Oops. Oh well he was comforted but it was going to be awkward. Especially since I ran out the room in the middle of it blushing furiously into the woods. My life is so complicated. I was bashing my head against a tree when someone said.

"Why didn't you tell me you like Dimitri?" Jade asked.

"I don't like Dimitri. I would have told you if I did." I answered immediately trying to comfort her. Her expression grew guarded and cold.

"You certainly like him when you have your lips all over his face." She retorted coldly. "Why didn't you tell me? Raksha told me she likes Mathew, you always told me if you liked a guy. So why didn't you tell me?" She asked sounding totally heart broken.

"Because I don't like him, it was an accident. We were both under a lot of pressure and stress for a long time so a moment of physical attraction was all that happened." I answered truthfully. So why did it sound like I was lying.

"You have been staying up late at night since you met him and lost your appetite so I think you like him." Jade stated frustrated with me.

"So what?" I asked annoyed. I did not expect her to do what she did. She slapped me in the face. It hurt. A lot. "What was that for?!" I yelled mad.

"To knock some sense into you!" She yelled back.

"Alright fine. I like him okay! He's just so perfect and hot and it's so unfair cause I'm a stupid nobody and he's so-did I just say that?" I said/asked shocked. Jade nodded her head. "Oh my god." I muttered.

"I don't think you like him, I think you might like him a lot more than you liked those other boys." Jade said stunned and hugged me. "I forgive you." She muttered and we hiked in silence.

~~~2 hours later~~~

We found a spring with a lot of fresh water plants and a few fish and ducks swimming in. We watched them and then Jade got this unreadable expression on her face. "What are you thinking about?" I asked.

"I was thinking that maybe we should catch the ducks and fish and bring them home to eat for dinner." Jade answered.

"No we are not killing the cute ducks and fish!" I yelled horrified.

"I'm not going to! It was just a thought." She replied. "So...When are you going to tell Dimitri?" Jade asked.

"I don't know." I answered. "I wish Raksha were here, She'd yell at me and somewhere in the middle of it I'll make up my mind." I said nonchalantly. "Poor you." I said to quickly change the subject.

"What do you mean?" Jade asked curiously.

"You like Jordan." I said.

"Do not!" she yelled back

"Yeah you do. You don't hate him anymore you like him. Between the twins you just strongly dislike Mathew. Not hate him either." I said. Come to think of it, It was true. She did like Jordan.

"I do like him, but as a friend." She said not budging on her opinion.

"Sure you do." I said sarcastically while rolling my eyes. I playfully elbowed her and she elbowed me back. The game soon turned into a war.

In the middle of it I sensed something bad. Danger. I tried to sense the source but I could only sense the aura. It was one of us and the aura seemed familiar. What if it was Todd or the stalker. "Oh god it's late we need to go back now." I said urgently. Jade grabbed me and we were back in the living room.

"Where were you guys?!" A furious voice yelled. We were dead.