Chapter eight

Chapter 8

Adji’s Pov

“Wake up.” Brenda whispers to me.

“Atzi five more minutes.” I respond and Brenda slaps my chest.

“Why the fuck are you saying her name?” she asks me and I jump out of bed.

“What the fuck are you doing here?” I ask her and my mom comes in.

“What are you doing here?” my mom asks Brenda and my dad runs in with a gun.

“What is going on?” my dad asks.

“Adji, do you want to explain to me what she was doing here?” my mom asks me.

“I have no idea. I was sleeping and then I saw her. I didn’t do anything.” I explain to my mom and atzi comes in.

“I had no idea you were grounding adji. I’ll wait downstairs.” She says and my dad stops her.

“I’ll go with you. Adji still has to get ready.” My dad reminds me.

            I do not think they believe me.

“Let’s go to school.” Atzi orders me.

“Bye!” I yell at my parents.

“Explain to me, what you just said.” Atzi sounds confused.

“I was sleeping and I thought you were waking me up. So I said your name. Then Brenda gets mad me because I said your name.” I repeat myself.

“You said my name?” atzi asks me,

“Yeah. Why?” I ask her confused.

“Are you always thinking of me?” she asks me.

“I was dreaming about our wedding.” I respond to her and Lola awes.

“Duncan, why can’t you be more romantic like adji?” Lola asks Duncan.

“I am romantic just not that romantic. I always buy you food. And every Friday I surprise with candy.” Duncan defends himself.

“Yeah and after you give me the candy you ask me for sex.” Lola reminds Duncan and atzi gags. I’m not talking to you all day.” Lola stomps off.

“Fuck.” Duncan says angrily.

“Atzi come with me to the restroom.” Lola orders atzi.