chapter five

Chapter five

Atzi’s POV

          I am so nervous. I have a date with Adji. This is going to be my first date. What if I screw up? What if he ends up standing me up? I hate this feeling. Well at least I’m going on my first date, as soon as I get out of this hospital.

“Alright I signed you out. Your dad is waiting at the house for us.” I grab fluffy and leave the room.

          What is my dad doing home? I thought he was away on a stupid business trip.

“Hey honey.” My dad grabs me into a hug.

“Hi dad.” I put fluffy down.

“Julie did you get her a dog? I thought I told you no dogs.” My dad slams hand on the wall.

“She needs a pet.” I start crying.

“Why are you crying?” my dad screams at me.

“Don’t scream a t her.”  I run to my room.

          Why does he do that? He comes home and demands that he gets respect and what not. It makes me sad and mad at the same time. Why doesn’t my mom do something about it? I know she loves him but she can do better. She can find someone like Adji’s dad. I’ll just let her deal with that. I have to get ready for my date with Adji. I have no idea what to wear. Who should I ask? My mom is busy with my dad. His mom is probably busy.

<Adji: I got your number from your mom. I’ll pick you up around five. Wear whatever you want.>

          Well that answers my question.

<Atzi: we’ll I’ll have to thank her. (Sarcasm) but you answered my question.>

<Adji: I knew you would worry about that.>

<Atzi: hahaha.>

<Adji: I wish I could hear you laugh.>

<Atzi: okay?>

<Adji: I wasn’t supposed to write that.>

<Atzi: weirdly enough I like what you said.>

<Adji: fuck I’ll text you back after class.>

“Atzi, what are you doing?” I drop my cloth.

“I’m just changing.” She shuts the door behind her.

“You have a date and you no clue what to wear. What did he say?” I lay on my bed.

“To wear whatever I want.” My mom starts laughing.

“Then a pair of jeans and a nice shirt is good.” She puts my cloth away.

“Thanks mom.” fluffy jumps on me.

“Um Atzi I have no clue how to tell you this but your dad and I are getting divorced.” I look at her shocked. “He’s staying with at a hotel. And I got a job with Jules.” I hug my mom.

“It’s about time. I know he’s my dad but you can do better.” My mom laughs.

Adji’s POV

          About time school is out. I have to get ready for my date. And my dad wants me to see him right after class. That can’t be good.

“Well son I usually don’t do this. But I feel I should. Atzi is a great girl. She’s going through a hard time. Don’t do anything to hurt her. She’s a delicate person. You are the type of guy who wants to get a girl in bed.” I stop my dad.

“No, that’s where you are wrong.” I stand up.

“Sit down and listen. Then show me you’re not like that.” I nod in agreement. “You may go now.” I leave his office.

          Was I that bad? I know I had sex with girls but it’s only been Brenda and some random girls. I was drunk those times. I’m not going to be drunk. I’m just going to have to show him.

“Your dad spoke with you.”  Nod my head.

“Go do some homework before you leave. I spoke to her mom and she said Atzi is nervous.” I grab an apple.

“So am I.” I run to my room.

Atzi’s POV

          Okay I’m ready. It’s four thirty and I have thirty minutes left.

(Thirty minutes later.)

“Atzi your date is downstairs.” My mom comes in.

          Here goes nothing.

“Where are we going?” Adji laughs at me.

“You’ll see.” I put my head phones on. “Take them off.” I put my iPod away. “Talk to me.” I grunt.

“About?” he laughs.

“How are your parents?” I start crying.

“They are getting divorced.” Adji suddenly stops. “It’s okay. Now let’s continue driving.” Adji goes back to driving.

“This is fun. You should have told me we were going bowling.” I grab my bowling ball.

“I wanted it to be a surprise.” He goes up.

          He has a nice ass. What did I just say? I can’t believe I’m checking him out.

“Were you staring at me?” I start blushing. “It’s okay I’m going to the same to you.” I grab my ball and go up.

          Is he looking at me? I’m so self-conscious now. But I don’t want to turn and look. I’m just going to bowl. Yes I got a strike.

Adji’s POV

She has a nice ass. I know I shouldn’t be looking at her but I can’t help myself.

“Stop staring at me.” she sits next to me.

“I’m sorry you just look beautiful. Let’s finish this game and I’ll take you to dinner.” She nods her head.

“Adji thanks for taking me out.” She stuffs her mouth.

“Thanks for accepting. Atzi, I know this is going to be so sudden but I really don’t care. Would you be my girlfriend?” Atzi drops her fork.

“Why?” I put my fork down.

“Like I said yesterday you are beautiful, smart, and funny.” She looks at me confused.

“This isn’t for a bet.” I grab her hands.

“I’m going to be honest with you. I would never do that. If I’m going to ask a girl out it’s going to be because I like that person.” She smiles.

“I like you too.” I let go of her hands.

“Let’s eat so I can take you home. It’s a school night and your mom won’t like me having her daughter out late.” We both laugh.

“Thanks for the date.” I kiss her on the cheek.

“Adji if you’re going to kiss her do it right.” Her mom turns on a flashlight on.

“Mom…” I kiss her on the lips.

“Night.” Her mom opens the door.

“Night boyfriend.” She closes the door.

          She’s my girlfriend. This is the best night ever. Nothing can top this night. Well my wedding day with her. Did I just say that? I think I did. I’m going to leave before I do anything else.