Chapter Twenty Three.

"No One Deserves This."

[PAST]

Louis stood on edge as he watched the one person he was head over heals for walk closer to the death further down the corridor. Using the length of her pipe as she tapped the shoulder of one of the walkers. Having the scowling creature whip it's newly rotting head towards the female, her eyes widened as he hands shook, but kept the one walker at a distance as she allowed it to follow her down the hallway back to where Louis hid.

The female's breathing hitched as she nervously stepped backwards carefully, one step at a time as she lead the walker with her, keeping it at the end of her pole. It wasn't until she got closer to her end of the hallway had it lightened up enough for the two of them to see who the first walker was.

Raya.

The female choked back a sob as Louis sighed Sadly at the sad sight. Where as Louis may have never been close to Raya, (Y/n) and some of the other girls were.

Louis took this chance to step out from around the corner, grabbing the pole from the trembling hands of (Y/n) as he gave her his chair leg and guided her to stand behind him as he continued to lead the walker formerly known as Raya around the corner and out of hearing rage of the other walkers.

(Y/n) couldn't stop her water flow of tears as she watched the mindless flesh eating body of her former friend. Louis took his chance while the walker female shifted its gaze to his crying friend. He kicked the knee, allowing the walker to stumbled onto the ground, instead of trying to get up again, it reached its skinny arms around. Louis gazed down at it sadly, taking a deep breath as he spoke in a gentle voice.

"It was good knowing you.."

He spoke before he swiftly lifted the pipe above his head and swung downward. A loud, slushy clunk rung out as the metal pipe struck the decaying skull. A thump foowed afterwards as the body fell to the ground, to never be brought back again.

The two took a moment to grieve over the younger girl, when moments had passed, Louis looked back to (Y/n), who now was furiously wiping her tears away as she began to pull herself together. She grabbed the chairleg Louis had given her as cluched onto it for dear life, nodding to show she was ready and more prepared now. Louis nodded back as he went around the corner, guiding the next walker back.

This session continued on for a while until all of the five walkers in the hallway were taken down. Each session grew harder and harder to do as the two took turns in taking a step back to empty their stomach contents every now and again, to get ahold of themselves after having recognized the very individual that now roamed amongst the dead.

After they all had been taken care of. The two couldn't leave the bodies disheveled on the cold ground, so taking the time lay then down next to one another nicely before giving a moment of silence. Louis then broke the silence as he began to give acknowledgment to those before them.

"Raya....Tomas....Oscar.... Kyra....Kissandra...."

They two forced themselves to hold back their tears while they gazed down in mourning at their now turned family members.

"They were so young... they didn't deserve this.."

The female spoke up, her voice croaking as she did so, her tears dried up on her cheeks along with the male.

Louis shifted his gaze to the female, as he made his way over to her, slowly lifting his shaking arms to wrap around her trembling form as they both clung to eachother for their dear lives. Both seeking the comfort of one another as they continued grieved.