Epilogue.

"A Bullet to the Head is like a Bullet to the Heart."

[CURRENT]

Flashes of sheetlightening illuminated the pouring rain as loud gasps of disbelief could heard from each person who previously attended the school, each person frozen in their spot as eyes grew wide as the took in the new information.

"Brody told me the truth. That was when Marlon killed her!"

"Aw, come the fuck on!"

Marlon exclaimed as his grip noticable tightened on the handle of the gun that he still had trained on the female before he spoke up in defence.

"They only met up with these 'raiders' because Clem insisted they go out there. Quite a coincidence isn't it? Shame I don't believe in those...The first the she did was attack you, Tenn! Think about how scared we were when the adults left. I pulled us out of that fear. I gave us all courage again.

Who are y'all gonna believe, huh? Johnny-come-lately and her little fucking lunatic?

Or me, your friend?"

As the two continued on their speech of defence, the others carefully watching as they struggled to see who to trust.

Louis stood still, unable to move as his brown eyes stared in a lasting daze towards the ground. Just like days ago when he and Aasim fought, It didn't take long for all the sound in the world to turn off, just as fast as a click of a switch. He felt his heart freeze before it dropped, when really it was the opposite. Blood heatedly pumped angrily through his veins as the pounding echoed in his head, drowning more and more of the voices speaking along with the faint pattering sound of rain crashing into the pavement around them.

His mind refilled with the unforgettable moments of the last hours he had shared (Y/n) before she had disapeared from his life forever.

The last smile.

The last laugh.

The last warm touch.

The last kiss.

Everything eventually began to crash down as his mind that had once been filled with her last smiles morphed into the strong empty feeling of pain he had felt was he watched the returning Marlon hobble through the gates alone.

The sleepless nights he had endured for months after.

The lack of food he touched as he slowly starved himself.

The anger he'd unexpectedly would lash out to the rest of his family.

The isolation he dwelled in for weeks.

The amount of tears he shedded.

None of this could come close to matching the description of the very pain he endured over the course of the last year and a half.

His love was gone.

Taken away from him as a cruel joke, then only months later two more of their closest friends had also disappeared from their lives. He felt their lives were coming to an end.

He preyed constantly that  everything would end sooner, as he felt ready to through in the towel.

All to see her smile once more.

"Louis!"

His drowning mind began to surface as he blinked, returning to the moment that was infront of him. The cold rain replacing the warmth of her smile as the droplets trickled down his cheeks. The sight before him, replacing every last image he played in his mind as he took in the drastic situation once more.