Chapter 26

The Balbadd palace was a lot different from the one back in Kou, the weather was a lot hotter too. Judar was glad he was wearing clothes that didn't trap any body heat. His normally pale skin had a touch of red from the harsh sun rays.

Judar pushed through to the throne room, upset with all the people blocking his way. His eyes widened and a chuckle escaped his lips.

"What the hell? What are you doing here, Stupid King?"

The tall purple-haired man turned at Judar's words and his eyes widened. Of all the people Judar would have seen in this shitty country, he never would have expected to see Sinbad King of Sindria.

Sinbad was not happy to see him, which made Judar's smile grow even wider. He stalked over to Sinbad and circled him like a predator.

"What are you doing here, Judar?"

"Oh, have you not heard? Judar is the acting Oracle High Priest of the Kou Empire." Some man who Judar only knew as The Banker explained. Sinbad's face fell and he looked at Judar with shocked eyes. Judar looked smugly at the island king, but before he could spout any taunts, a new voice cried out through the throne room.

"Listen to me dammit! Ahbmad, you bastard, swear that you'll protect the people of Balbadd! Swear it!"

Judar looked over to see a blonde male being held back by a pair of guards as he desperately yelled at the King of Balbadd. Judar's eyes went cold and his face steeled over, he reached for his ruby tipped wand.

Peli.

No, this male was not Peli but he did look an awful lot like him. Judar's anger cooled down into suspicion and interest. Why was the Peli look-alike in the throne room with Sinbad?

Judar watched as the blonde was kicked out of the throne room, Sinbad followed him closely after.

"Who was that?"

"Oh, just some insolent peasant boy who thinks he can tell me what to do." The King said nonchalantly.

"That was Alibaba Saluga, Third Prince of Balbadd." A man dressed in military clothes quipped, seemingly peeved by the King's dismissive attitude.

"Ha! That boy is nothing but Father's mistake, not to mention a disgrace to the royal name!" King Ahbmad huffed.

Judar scowled, no longer amused by the politics of whatever was going on. He slipped out the door while the Banker was going on about the might of Kou and how the king had been wise to entrust his finances to him. 

 The air around Judar felt hot, but the stone flooring provided some coolness for his feet. He fanned himself with his hand as he walked around, looking for something to pass the time with.

As he passed an open courtyard a flash of light caught his eye. He turned and his heart nearly stopped. A group of girls were dancing, actually they were practicing a dance that looked very similar to the one Ruhya would do. 

Their stomachs swayed and rolled as their hips shook and their arms waved. The jewels of the two-piece dresses jingled and reflected the suns setting rays.

Judar stood frozen as he looked at the girls, hoping to see one with a blindfold over her eyes. He was disappointed but not surprised when he saw that there wasn't. A sudden pain washed over him and his legs felt weak. Judar pulled his gaze away and stumbled to a pillar on which he leaned and clutched his chest.

"Ruhya, why can't I escape you? The harder I try to forget the more I see you." Judar lamented as he covered his eyes with his hand. Visions of Ruhya's smile danced through his mind and the sound of her laughter filled his ears.