Chapter 14

"Your dancing was so nice. I'm surprised since you're...so young. If not for the trouble with your eyes then you'd be perfect." Purred a deep voice close to Ruhya's ear. An unfamiliar hand stroked Ruhya's face, lingering much too long. Ruhya mumbled out a soft thanks as The Fear gripped her heart, prevented her from saying much. She held tightly to her Big Sister's blue skirt.

'Please don't leave me alone with him. Please don't leave me alone with him. Please don't leave me alone with him.' Ruhya chanted in her head. Up till recently she only had to dance for the Uncles, but now she was actually meeting them. It was during the meetings that Ruhya's was glad for the blindfold that kept her in darkness, she might collapse if she had to see the strange men that touched her face and hair.

"Many thanks for your patronage, but I'm afraid the allotted time is up. Please see Madam Sosa if you would like to schedule another visit." Big Sister said, her voice straining to sound youthful. Ruhya barely suppressed a scream as the Uncle mashed his face against her neck and inhaled deeply.

"Sir, please."

"Alright, alright I'm going. Tell me, when will she be available for... other services?"

"Sadly, she is only 9, still too young for our more interactive services. However, I am open if you so wish..." Big Sister purred. Ruhya flinched at the sound of a slap.

"Don't touch me! I'll never understand why this place keeps old crones like you!" The Uncle shouted as he stormed out of the room. Ruhya didn't dare make a sound, at moments like this anything could send Big Sister into a fit. 

"Old crone? Old crone!? OLD CRONE!" Big Sister shouted, her breathing becoming shallow and ragged. Ruhya's stomach betrayed her cause to be silent by protesting the lack of lunch. Big Sister quickly turned to Ruhya, her rage increasing with every second. She threw herself on Ruhya with her hands raised.

"Old crone my ass! I'm only 27! 27! I'm only 27!!" Big Sister shouted, slapping at Ruhya with every syllable. Ruhya screamed as she raised her arms to protect her face. The assault ended just as quickly as it started. Big Sister burst into tears, enveloping Ruhya in a tight hug.

"I'm sorry, Ruhya. I didn't mean to, please don't leave me! I need you! You're all I have left."

Ruhya finally let go of the barricade keeping her emotions back. Tears soaked the cotton blindfold over her eyes. The two sobbed in each other's embrace until exhaustion overcame them both. Curled up in the bed reserved for customers, the two fell into a warm sleep.

Tears ran softly down Ruhya's face as she woke up. Her memories often plagued her sleep, but the one she awoke from was one of the most painful. 

That was the last time Ruhya and the Woman in Blue interacted as mother and daughter.

Ruhya raked her hands through her hair in frustration before angrily wiping her tears away. Only then did she notice the bandages wrapped around her hands and arms. Confusion quickly turned to alarm as she realized she was in a strange new room. Her thoughts quickly flew to the young boy taken with her.

"Kouta!? Kouta where are you!? Give him back you bastards!!" Ruhya shouted. She tried to get out of the bed but screamed in agony as pain spiked from her ankle. It was not the familiar pain of pulling against a chain, but a deeper sharp pain that burned. Ruhya screamed out in pain again as she tried to move her leg.

"Please, don't move. You are very injured and need to rest." A strange voice said as the door opened. 

"Where is Kouta!? What have you done to him!?" Ruhya exclaimed, gritting her teeth to keep her painful screams in.