𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐘

───── ❝ prologue ❞ ─────

That weird sensation of ridiculous contentment you feel in your stomach when things are going well? What if someone told you it's your body warning you that something terrible is about to happen, to keep your guard up? Maybe if people considered the possibility, there wouldn't be so many accidents with casualties.

Perhaps if Stella Vasquez didn't ignore that feeling, she wouldn't have stepped into that train with her oldest daughter. But the sun was so bright, it brought her pleasure, the morning was fresh, granting her serenity and a reason to admire the day. With a cheerful smile, she and her daughter found a compartment to spend the ride, it was a long ride to Gotham City.

Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, the ride went as scheduled, service amazing as usual, and a perfectly silent afternoon to close your eyes for a few hours and rest. There was no clue for what was going to occur, that's why it came as a surprise.

It wouldn't be the first time the Joker made a move on public service, and certainly not the last.

Night started to fall into the city, and from the train, the view was magnificent, the lights from the edifices made such city interesting, captivating. Dianna Vasquez had her face pressed against the window, recalling how that exact same view looked from their house three years ago. It was definitely strange being back to that hell hole, but reuniting with her old school friends and classmates made the whole experience satisfactorily.

The old wheels of the trolley scratched the metal floors as the food service lady approached the room. Seconds later, there was a weak knock on the door. With her stomach rumbling, Stella jumped off the seat and opened the door. Her eyes fell on the trolley, no one pushing it, there was a sole dish, a note on top of it. Her head peeked down the hall to see the woman, only that it wasn't the same who brought them lunch. This one had colored hair and a minor limp, "excuse me! Where's the food?"

But she kept on strolling with her back curved. Stella's eyes fell on the note, snatching it up. "Boom."

Within instants of difference, one by one, the trolleys detonated, giving no time of response. Dianna struggled to open the window, growing anxious by every second the noise came closer. The lock wouldn't give in, no matter how hard she tried. Calling for her mom was ineffective, she was frozen in the hallway, staring at the burnt end of the wagon.

The carriage shook, both of them tumbling on their feet. But Dianna did not give up, getting back to her feet, she tried to break the glass, continuously slamming it in the center. Until she remembered, that's where it's strongest, her feet went to hit a corner but as the glass shattered into pieces, so did the compartment.