{Chapter 9}

{Previous: Sitting there surrounded by shattered glass was Ron hugging himself. Seemingly starring into nothing.}

Unnerved by everything that has happened I walked my way up to Ron and spoke "Ron? Are you ok?" He flinched and his shaking stopped before he slowly turned to look at me. He was covered with cuts and bruises, almost like he was attacked. I scurried down to my knees "RON! What happened to you??" He was about to speak before stopping and looking down to the floor again. Just like last time. I grabbed his head and forced him to look at me  "Ron! Whatever is happening PLEASE. You have to tell me! I don't care what it is but if it involves someone hurting you, you have to tell me!" There was a small spark of hope in his eyes before suddenly dulling again. "I-I can't." He mumbled before taking my hands and setting them down. I frowned to his answer. "Ron, please. If you won't tell me, you leave me no choice but to send a letter to Notch about this." I said as sternly as I could. His eyes shot open and he grabs my shoulders  "NO YOU CAN'T! HE WILL KILL YOU IF YOU TRY!" He quickly gasped before covering his mouth in shock. "He? Who is he?" I asked. He takes a sharp inhale before yelling "HEROBRINE!" The name echoed throughout the ravine before falling into silence. "That god dude people tell stories of to keep children from misbehaving? But he's been gone for thousands of years!"
"No Y/N! You don't understand. He ISN'T gone. He's still here even right now! Why else would this be called the forbidden lands? WHY ELSE WOULD HUMAN MINERS GO MISSING OR FLEA THIS PLACE!?" Ron seems to look behind me nervously before whispering "Haven't you heard the voices? The strange dreams? The mirrors in every place we go. The footsteps?? Anything???" I blinked in surprise when he mentioned the footsteps. There have been footsteps going around near me. But what does it mean? I let out a heavy sigh before standing up "Ron. Let's get out of here. We can talk about this back in the house." And I will write a letter to Notch about what's happening. If what Ron is saying is true then it's important that Notch knows that he's still here. Ron gets up and nods quietly. "Y/N. You don't think I'm crazy do you?" Ron asked. I shook my head "No I don't. Because, to be honest I've had some strange issues with this place already. Which by the way. How did you get here in the dark?"
"Someone pulled me here. You didn't run into them?" I paused for a moment. Who? There's no one else here expect us! There was a sharp whistling sound before a arrow flys past me from behind Ron before hitting the wall. I stumbled back a bit before cursing. I grab Ron's wrist and pull him back into the man hole. We quickly take cover behind a wall of cobblestone and look to each other. Ron starts panicking and stammering out to his hearts content "FUCK FUCK FUCK. NOW YOUR IN DANGER TOO! I SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID ANYTHING. NOWS HES GONNA KILL ONE OF US AND FORCE THE OTHER TO RELEASE HIM!"
"Release him? Release him of wha-" before I could finished my question the ground beneath us began to make crackling noises before collapsing below us. We both yelled as we fell through the floor and rolled down what felt like would be a steep hill. I dropped the torch and grabbed onto some stone sticking out from the surface. I watched as the torch fell into what could have been our deaths. A deep drop to dark emptiness. It was nerve racking to say the least when I didn't hear the torch hit the ground for a good 10 seconds. But those ten seconds of time was enough to tell me that the drop was deathly. Everything soon turned to darkness when my torch was gone. I started to whimper a little, you can I wasn't quite fond with the dark. But light soon arrived behind me. I look up at Ron who was holding onto the handle of his pickaxe which was lodged into the stone surface while lighting another torch up. I slowly slid my way down to a flat spot and let out a heavy sigh. I hear Ron slide beside me and look around. "Look!" He says while pointing to another man made hole on our left. He motions me to follow as we shimmied our way across to the hole. We both groaned in distress as we collapsed to our knees when we had finally made it to the now considered safe spot. I take a quick look around. More mirrors. "Just what in the hell are the mirrors for?" I mumbled to myself. "Don't look into them for too long. Or else you'll see him." Ron says as he looks out into the ravine. "Who? Herobrine?"
"YES. Now please don't say his name again. I don't think my stomach can handle so much as the thought of seeing or hearing him."
"Ok but. How long have you been hearing his voice in your head?"
"Awhile actually. From the moment I buried that thing we found in the bathroom to now when you asked me what's wrong."
"Is that why you paused? Because he was talking? W-What was he saying??"
"This whole time he had been threatening me. Saying he would send his mobs to k-kill one of us if I told you about his presence."
I was quiet for a moment. But why? Why keep it a secret from me? Could it be to make sure that one of us wouldn't snitch? Or was it for his own personal game to make Ron feel isolated from telling me.
A dark chuckled gently echoed through the manhole forcing me to let a sharp gasp. "What's wrong!?" Ron asked with great worry. I looked back at him "Y-You didn't hear that??" "Hear what!? Was it him!?"
"I don't know it was just a laugh. I heard it from down that way." I answered before pointing to the direction of darkness. "It must be him..." Ron was quiet for a moment. I looked at him and he was doing that thing again where he looks like he's listening to someone. "Ron? Is he talking to you? What is he say??" I asked with worry. His eyes quickly sharpened before he pushed me to the floor while yelling "GET DOWN!" At the very moment there was another sharp whistle and a skin puncturing sound before Ron's voice cracked in pain as he dropped the torch. I look in shock to see a arrow lodged into Ron's chest. "HOLY SHIT!" I screeched before stammering up "RON! RON CAREFUL!" Just when I reached out to him he had fallen back, straight into the void called darkness. I looked down into the darkness. It was quiet before there was a loud crash sound from below. "Ron..." I croaked. As the new level of fear had finally set in. My hands turned into fists, clutching the dirt and dust beneath me
"RONNY!!!"

'He's dead now.'

My body froze as a deep voice echoed seemingly around me. I felt my bottom lip quiver before tears began to prick my eyes. I stood from the ground and tried to move back before stumbling and falling back down.

'He should of kept his mouth shut.'

I let out another sharp gasp. I began to whimper uncontrollably as the voice continued.

'Why don't you look in the mirror. Then you can finally see who Ron has been DYING for you to meet~'
I clenched my fists again but of fear rather than anger. Why am I doing this?? I took a deep inhale of breathe before slowly turning my head to the closest mirror. This one happened to be right beside me. I looked at my shaken form through the mirror, my tears finally pouring down my rosy cheeks. But my scared expression soon turned for the worst when I laid my eyes on the glowing white eyed man standing directly behind me with a sinister grin.

'Hello there~'