{Chapter 24}

{Previously:
"Finally...."

Standing there was Ron, covered with bandages and bruises.

And a expression of anger on his face.

"I need to tell Notch.. about Herobrine.
And save Y/N."}

Waking up to the sore feeling of my muscles I let out a long groan before looking around.

I was laying on the planked floors next to the heating furnace that cooked my meal. It had been three days since I  managed to leave that cold mine. And the effects it left on me remain.

Sore muscles, fever, and a heavy feeling of exhaustion. Everything generally just felt... blegh

"My.. entire physical being... is just pain."
I grumbled as I crawled on the floor to the nearest cushioned surface.

I reached out and could feel the bottom bed frame of the bunk bed. Using all of my energy and might to pull myself up onto the sweet comforting bed.

I sprawled myself onto the mattress while groaning in relief.

'Your food is gonna burn'

The all knowing voice of Herobrine's echoed near me. I growled as I buried my face into the pillows.

"Jokes on you. Soup doesn't 'burn'" I grumbled.

I could feel his presence and just knew he was shaking his head in utter disappointment.

'Potato soup CAN burn if you leave it sitting in there for too long.'
He replied back.

"Euuuuuuuuugh" was all I could get out before pushing myself sitting upward on the bed. I rocked a little before balancing myself and squinting my eyes.

My sinuses started to clog again and I breath out through my mouth leaving a long sigh.

I reach back down to the floor and begin to crawl my way to the furnace.

'For sakes you are such a baby'

"You try going through below zero degrees with only thin layer clothing. Biiii-"
I refrained from finishing my sentence and just left it  with a unfinished insult.

He remained silent after that. I begin to snicker weakly.

"Despite not having a physical form you have such a easy tell on when I say something that's true."

'I do not.'

"You go silent when I tell you how I'm mortal so I know what's best for me."

'...'

"E x a c t l y"

I grab the oven cloths and carefully reach into the furnace and take the bowl of hot soup out. But upon looking into the bowl revealed not the warm soup I thought would be sitting in there.

Instead was absolute char black burnt tar like substance.

"AUUUUUUUUFHUUUUUXK"
I yell with weak frustration.

'I told you it was gonna burn'

"Dude, this is solid. This burnt a LONG time ago."

'You were sleeping for awhile.'

"How long?"

'Like.. half the day?'

"And you didn't bother to wake me up???"

'It didn't come to mind.'

I made a face of disapproval and drop the bowl gently into the sink. Groaning in defeat as I lay back onto the floor.

"I give up. Just put me out of my misery already."

'I'm not going to do that.'

"Why not? You threaten to kill em with the mobs all the time. What's different about this time?"

'I don't have to answer to you Bedrock.'

I made another face of disapproval.

"Fine. Then I'll starve" ✋🙄

'I won't allow that either.'

"Pffffft" I chuckle with a groggy throat

"How so? You can't force feed me."

He was silent again

"There's your tell again hehe."

I awaited for a snarky reply or just him yelling at me but it remained silent.

"Herobrine?"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"What the fuq did you go???"

(Meanwhile in Hero's pov)

After the mortals comment I phased through the walls of her home and left.

Admittedly she was right, I cannot force feed her but if she is really gonna give up on living just for being sick then I need to do something about it.

I lean back and fall through the dirt floors into darkness before entering one of the shallow caves.

As much as I hated to admit it, I needed her if I wanted to leave this place. Which means majority of my threats on her life were bluffs.

Majority.

I do intend in killing her on sight if she ever tries to leave these lands without my say. I cant risk Notch finding out I'm still lurking these lands trying to escape.

I follow around a couple of mobs and find the main rooms of these caves. Enderman lurked around and communicating through their ender language.

I hang over the shoulder of one of them and murmured.

'You, I need you to do something for me.'

The enderman jumped and turned around. The other enderman too seemed startle after hearing my voice.

'I need you to go into the cities and find human medicine. The Bedrock miner is in critical state and I do not intend on having her die to illness rather than my own hands.'

The enderman quickly nod before standing up and disappearing in just a poof.

The remaining enderman who sat there awaited awkwardly for further instruction.

'I also need one of you to- wait no. Do any of you know how to read?'

All but one enderman raised a hand.

'Can you read english?'

The enderman nodded looking at his fellow allies sheepishly.

'Good. I need you to read into something. Meet me at the humans shelter.'

I turn tail and glided through the floors, rising from land. I enter Bedrock's home and find her passed out again on the floor.

I gesture in a motion to express rolling my eyes and awaited for the enderman to show up.

It did eventually. And panicked at seeing the human on the floor passed out.

'She's sleeping. Before we can begin I need you to put her on the bed.'

It nodded before reaching for Y/N and gently picking her up and setting her down on the bed. Tucked up under the covers to keep her warm.

'Now, reach for the open book sitting on the counter, read the instructions on the page and cook it."

The Enderman nodded and began.