{Chapter 3}

{Previous:  "UGH WHAT IS THAT SMELL!??" He yelled as he pulled the color of his shirt over his nose. "NO CLUE BUT IT SMELLS DEAD!" I replied before dropping my things and stepping out side. I had never smelled something so disgusting in my life. And that's saying a lot, counting all the corpses and rotten foods I had found in mines.}

After sitting on the top of the stairs for a good 10 minutes, Ron walks out with a bag. It looked soaked with Notch knows what and stinkend bad. "Just what in the hell is that!??" I said through my hands which were covering my mouth in a futile attempt to filter out the stench. "Well" he started before letting out a small gag then continuing "You were right about it smelling like something died. Cause something did die. I can't confirm what it is because its rotten as a corpse covered with maggots." I cringed to his description before standing off the steps for him to get that putrid thing out of here. "I'll be back to clean the bathroom. Don't worry." Ron said before walking to the gate of the fence. He pauses for a moment before turning back around "Uh, where should I put it??"
"My Notch," I mumbled "Just. Put it somewhere far from here?? Didn't they say anything during the meeting about a place where we can dispose of things??"
"Actually they did! But there suggestion was a pool of lava if it was bad." You gotta be kidding me. I thought. I let out a sigh before looking down. "Just burry it. And if it doesn't go away we'll find lava down in the mines to put it in." I said. He nods before walking back and reaching out a hand. I grab the shovel from next to the door and drop it down to him. "Alright. I'll be back to clean the bathroom." He said. I nod before looking back to the front door. I walk inside and take a brief look around. The whole house stinks but less now that Ron had rid of whatever the hell that thing was. I wonder if it died due to the poison gases and never got the chance to properly decompose. I let out a disgusted sigh before closing the bathroom door and opening up the big windows by the bunk beds.

I turn around to face the room at a different angle and found a ladder leading to the attic by the front door

I turn around to face the room at a different angle and found a ladder leading to the attic by the front door. Curious, I climbed up the ladder and push the trap door open. I peak my head out and looked around, each side had two chests. I climb up and walk to one of the chests. Even more curious than before I open the chest. Inside had a bunch of books and journals coated with dust. Not wanting to make a mess with the dust yet I closed the chest before moving to the next one. I open the next chest and found piles of stone, some gravel, and dirt. The typical things to find in a miner's chest. I turn around and open the chest behind me. There was a bunch of old worn out armor, busted up pickaxes and shovels, a map of all of the forbidden lands. But what really stood out more was a hand mirror sitting on top of the map with a scrap of paper with the word 'see' on it. I grab the pocket mirror and studied it. It was the shape of a rectangle, the frame made from a special dark oak wood. I flip it over and look at the back. Written in ink the word 'see' was there. See what? Could it be some kind of riddle? I wondered. I cross my legs and held the mirror before me. I look at my reflection, expecting to find something. Maybe something carved on the roof that I missed? Written backwards? I don't know. Eventually I got bored and was about to set the mirror back in the chest. But then I stopped and quickly turned around. I could have sworn I saw someone in the window through the mirror. But I wasn't sure enough. It didn't look like Ron... no scratch that it COULDN'T have been Ron. I set the mirror down before standing on my toes to look out the window. I looked around and found Ron at the edge of the forest. He was just standing there facing the forest. Before seeming to flinch and stumble back before running back to the house. I climb down the ladder before closing the trapdoor. Just then Ron came through the door and let out a shaky sigh. "You ok?" I asked. He looked at me before scratching the back of his neck "Yeah, I think. The weirdest thing had just happened." I rose a brow and allowed him to continue. "After I finished burying the thing I thought I heard someone speak. I was looking around but there was no one. Then I heard it again inside the forest. I was looking through the forest hoping to see who was talking and saw something walk through the trees." He explained.
"You don't think it's the pillagers Notch has been talking about do you?" I asked. He rests his hand on his chin before nodding "Probably, what were you doing?" I pointed to the attic before answering "I was in the attic looking through some stuff."
"Find anything good?" He asked. I hesitated for a moment before shaking my head "Nothing really. Just some old books and stone. There's a worn out set of armor for men's in one of the chests if you wanna check it out. " Ron chuckles before letting out a sigh "Maybe later, I got some cleaning to do with the bathroom. You wanna prepare dinner while I do that?" I shrug before turning to the counters "We don't got much but I'll see what I can whip up." As I open the furnace checking to see how clean it was, I hear Ron open a chest and rummage through some things before opening the bathroom door and shutting it behind him. It's time to make dinner.