{Chapter 6}

{Previous: I take out my bag and took about ten diamond coins. Sellers can be easily influenced when you know their in competition with others.}

Star's hooves thumped with every step we took as we made it back to the edge of the forbidden lands. I stop to take a drink out of a spare water bottle I had before taking out some wheat. I pour water onto the wheat and fed it to Star to keep her less hungry and more hydrated. "Alright girl. With your help we can get there in 2 and a half hours instead of five. Let's do this." I said before motioning her to start moving into the path.

(I feel so ashamed that I don't know what it's called to tell a horse to move. I WAS IN HORSE BACK RIDING LESSONS I SHOULD KNOW THIS DAMMIT!)

(Timeskip)

As we walk past the signs I give Star some more wheat before looking ahead. There's that line. We must be close. The moment we got closer to the line Star jerks and backs away. Confused and slightly annoyed I motioned her to move forward again. She refused to and backed away again. I let out a sigh and hopped off her and led her to the line. I step over the line gently bring her along but she continued to jerk away. "Jeez. Talk to me Star. What's the problem?" I asked. I knew I wouldn't get answer so I decided to trick her into following me. I pulled out some wheat and as I expected she took one look at it and reluctantly walked over the line. She let off a shook before eating the wheat. "Now was that so hard? Come along now." I hop back on her and motioned her to move. Just in time. I get to the house and the sun is just setting. I notice the stairs leading to the front door had been repaired. Ron you've out done yourself. I tie the horse to the fence post and patted Star's head "Don't worry. I'll get you a stable soon." I turn to the house and walked up the stairs. They felt much sturdier than before. When I got up I noticed the front door was left wide open. I look inside for Ron and was met with a clean dust free house! Impressed I looked around for Ron to praise him for his work. No where to be seen. I turn to the ladder and climb it before opening the trapdoor to the attic. Maybe he's looking through the armor. I look into the attic but he wasn't in there either. But the chest with the armor was left wide open. I look into the chest and saw that all the things inside were scattered as if someone was looking through it. One thing I noticed was the hand mirror sitting on the floor. I pick up the mirror and put it in my pocket before leaving the attic. I walk outside and look around the fenced area. Just where the hell did he go? Could he have gone mining? I walk down the steps and look to the mine beneath the house. The mine was a big stair way down. Unlike the typical mine where it's a ladder leading down to the wholes that go in random directions and create a maze. Or the kind of mine shafts in mountains or ravines. I let out a sigh before getting a chill from the cold breeze. I walk back to Star who was sitting down. I pat her head again and said "Maybe he got hungry and went hunting." I sit beside her for a good 5 minutes before hearing footsteps behind me. I quickly turn around and find Ron walking to the house. I threw my self up from the floor "Ron! There you are!" He turns around and smiles. His smile seemed a little off. "Oh. Your back." "Dude where have you been? I looked all over for you. You can't just go out right before sun set!" I said with worry. He gives me another smile with reassurance "I'm fine! I was out looking for animals to hunt. Couldn't find any." He had a look on his face. A look of nervousness. He's lying. "Don't lie. I may have met you yesterday but I can sure tell whether your lying or not." I said. His expression soon turned to slight fear. He opened his mouth to say something but didn't say anything. After a second he quickly shut his mouth. That was weird. "Well?" I spoke. He lets out a pained sigh "It's nothing you need to worry about. Just some... personal issue." I frown a little, I know there's something wrong but I don't think it's the best choice to push him into telling me. I'll figure it out sooner or later... or never. "If you say so." I sighed "Well anyways, I got us the things and a horse." "Were you sitting out here with all the stuff on you? You could've just set it down in the house." Ron said. I was about to say something but then stopped for a moment "uhhh. Must've forgotten." Ron let's out a chuckle before waving a hand. "Let's go inside and make dinner."

(Timeskip after dinner)

"So what's her name?" Ron asked. "The man said her name is Starlight. But everyone calls her Star for short." I briefly explained as I fed Star some more wheat. "Pretty name. So that adds to our to do list. Make a stable." Ron says as he writes in his notepad. "You really like making notes do you?" I asked. He smirks while still looking into the notepad. "Well one of us has to do the note taking." He says with a smartass tone. I scoffed before feeding the rest of the wheat to Star. "Let's go inside. It's getting too dark out." I said as I walked back to the house. As I walked back I could hear Ron's footsteps following right behind me. I spoke "Once we finish up the house work we will be able to start mining."
"What was that?"
I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around.

Ron was still sitting against the fence next to Star. But... I thought I heard him walking behind me.