Chapter Three

Demi

Miley and I drove to up to Ruth's. A small restaurant that's been open forever. They sold the best cheesecake on the planet.

"So what about the sex?"

Throwing my head back in laughter I let go of all my worries. Miley always knew how to make me feel better and let loose. Shaking my head I wiped my mouth with a creme colored napkin.

"I didn't screw every guy there, only one Miles. I'm not a whore!"

Miley rolled her eyes in agitation at my answer. Obviously, it wasn't what she wanted to hear.

"So Nick and this Zac kid are the only ones been inside that panocha?" She raised her eyes skeptically at me.

I haven't heard that name in so long, but stayed countless nights tossing and turning with memories of us. Slowly I dropped the napkin, my heart picking up speed. Miley grew quiet for obvious reasons.

So many questions ran through my head. All of them I wanted to bombarded Miley with. Deciding on a much safer question, I dragged my eyes to Miley. They seemed excited.

"How is he?"

"Well, he's.." Miley paused, probably just to add dramatic effect. Now more things past through my thoughts. What if he's married? With kids? Ok, they would have told me about that. Plus I wasn't gone that long, "a cop,"

A cop? Just a cop? With no strings attached?

"A very single cop if you wanted to know," shocked, I looked back up at Miley. She winked and stood up.

"I gotta get to work, but go buy some wine and I'll bring some movies later on tonight, we have a lot to catch up on,"

I chuckled and stood too, throwing a few bills on the table. "Yea, six years worth,"

Miley hugged my neck tightly and kissed my cheek. "I missed you so much D," Clinging tighter to her I breathed in her familiar scent.

"Me too," Letting her go she gave me a final smile goodbye and walked down the street.

Picking up my purse I headed to my car, but before I got in I heard Miley yell after me.

"By the way, how long are you in town?"

"A couple of weeks that's all!" She nod her head and waved goodbye.

Getting inside my car and turning on the engine, I backed out of my parking space. Zooming out of town and back to my big empty house.

______________

Last night I packed up a lot of old pictures and useless things to put inside the barn. After changing into a pair of denim shorts and a grey t-shirt that was cut open down the sides and a pair of old cowboy boots, just because, and began carrying the boxes to the barn.

Dropping the last of the box inside the barn, I glanced around it. My daddy's old black pick-up truck sitting in the middle of the big barn as hay and junk surrounded it. I remember how we used to haul bins of hay on the back from Greg's house and bring them back for our horses. Sassy and Adam. How I would climb to the top of the hay while feeding Adam and talk to him about my crushes and dolls and how I was going to become a princess.

A stray tear fell from my face as I giggled at the childish memory. I quickly wiped at it. I missed him. Sniffing away anymore tears and sad thoughts I shook my head.

"Welcome back stranger,"

My eyes widen at the all too familiar voice and my heart dropped into my stomach. I could tell who's deep, quiet, yet alluring voice belonged to in a sea of baritone men. Facing him I took in his appearance. His curls was completely gone, giving him that matured look his attitude carried for years. His thick arms bulging from the rolled up sleeves of his baby blue button down that tucked away inside of his jeans.

His body definitely matured well too. Damn, he looked good.

______________

comment and like lovely readers :)