nineteen

chapter nineteen

《》

     I DIDN'T THINK DINNER could have gone worse than it did. After Levi's little outburst, Evelyn started telling him off about impregnating one girl then leaving her for another. She said she had been disappointed, was embarrassed and that he made her sad. It was a lot for him and I wasn't surprised when he stormed out of the house.

     As much as I understood Levi for leaving, I didn't appreciate the awkward situation he had put me in. At that moment, I felt that everyone hated me for how Levi felt and that I wasn't welcome. But luckily for me, Levi's sisters showed me a nice guestroom to sleep in, showed me all necessary things and let me get ready for bed. Evelyn didn't speak to me and I didn't see her.

     After a hot shower, I pulled on some warm and comfortable clothes then took out my phone. As expected, Lex had sent a bunch of texts but I knew him well enough to know all he said would be summarised in the last text.

     Bitch , u need to cll me asap! i wnna hear updated on awks dinner wth the rents!! xx

     Smiling at the personally his text held, I dialed his number and he answered quickly.

     "Bitch!" He yelled. "How is it all? Have they killed you? Should I be worried?"

     Laughing, I tried to be quiet at the same time. "First, mum kept talking about the amazing Maxine and how she and Levi will get married then the one and only showed up." I quickly explained. "Then Levi came clean about not loving Max anymore and his mum went crazy and started yelling at him. So he left the house and she's been in her room the whole time after. I'm just in the guest room, waiting to see how all this gets sorted out."

     "That sounds like a comedy slash drama slash thriller I'm down to watch." Lex said and we both laughed.

     "Anyway, I have to go because I don't even know if this room is sound proof and I think I need to check on---"

     There was a knock on the door and a small whisper. "Maddie."

     Speak of the devil.

     "I have to go. Love you, bitch." I said then put my phone away.

     I quickly walked over to the door and saw Levi standing there as he shivered from the snow outside. "Hey." He said and forced a smile but I knew he was hurting.

     "Come in," I urged and helped in enter then closed the door behind him. His eyes looked pink and puffy, lips quivering and skin cold. "You need to have a warm shower so you don't get sick."

     He walked over to the couch near the bed and sat. I took the seat next to him. "I'm sorry you had to be in the middle of that." He said and leaned his head on my shoulder.

     "You don't need to be sorry for anything." I assured him and took his cold hand so I could intertwine our fingers.

     "Mum and I have had problems for as long as I've been alive. She's been trying to control me but I don't feel comfortable doing everything they want of me. I have my own goals but both my parents never want me to achieve them." He explained and my hurt ached for him.

     "I hate that you're going through this but you should know that they do this from the goodness of their heart. They probably think this is the best way to raise you but you need to sit them down and try to at least compromise so you're also happy."

     "But what if the same thing happens. There's no getting to them especially mum."

     "It's better to try fighting." I said and brought his hand to my lips and gave it a lengthy kiss.

     I slowly looked up to his eyes and noticed him staring at me. Our proximity was terrifying but I loved the thrill a little bit. Glancing at his lips, I bit my lower one as I thought of my next move. Choosing not to think, I moved closer to him and our lips met in a smooth manner.

     Like always, my heart began to beat faster but this time, I tried to think of the moment. I was with Levi and I cared about him, he cared about me and I was happy to be in that position. I let my hands travel to his neck, deepening the kiss and moving a little closer to him.

     You're glad I'm even willing to fuck you!

     Worry began to take place in my mine so I pulled away for a moment. Taking a deep breathe, I kept my eyes shut and tried to think of the now and not the past. Soon, I connected our lips again and focused on Levi and his hands that held me with so much delicacy. He obviously cared about me. That fact alone made me relax a little bit.

     The kiss was lengthy, sweet and nothing short of amazing. I felt cared for and it was nice to be held in such s way after what happened with Reed.

     "That was spectacular," Levi whispered then gave my nose a small peck.

     Feeling my cheeks heat up, I smiled shyly. "It really was." I whispered back. "You're one of the most confident and caring people I know. You stuck by me through such hard times and didn't even complain or leave me. You deserve to be happy and you deserve to do what makes you happy." I told him as I held onto his hands. "I bet your parents care so much about you but tell them about how you feel and then go for what you want. You're an amazing artist, great guy and no one should make you believe anything different."

     Levi stared at me for a while and his lips lifted into a small smile. "I think I'm starting to love you," he slowly said and my heart fluttered.

     "I think I'm starting to love you too."

*