five

chapter five

《》

   LEVI'S GIRLFRIEND WAS pretty much perfect. From her really great teeth to her flawless personality, she radiated everything right about the world. She was kind, funny and beautiful. Levi had obviously found a great girl but I couldn't help but feel a little jealous.

     Lex was having a great time, he even managed to find a cute guy and they seemed to hit it off. I just wished it was that easy for me to socialise. After a very gruesome hour of taking frequent sips from my cup, Levi took the vacant seat next to me. His scent evaded my nostrils and brought me a sense of warmth.

     "I promised to make it up to you so can I steal you from the group for a while?" He asked, his mouth only centimeters from my ear.

     I doubted the group would notice my disappearance so I nodded and let him help me up. The contact was simple but warmth shot through my arm as he held my hand in his. We walked away from the group, out of the party area and to a quieter place away from the water. As much as the silence calmed me, the thought of being alone with Levi made me a little tense.

     "I know I said this already but I'm so sorry for that whole thing with the causing you to faint." He said as we exited the gate and turned to the quiet road. If I were smarter, that would have been the perfect time to run.

     "I know I've said this already but it's alright," I assured him with a small smile tugging at my lips. "I can't let you take full blame for the fact that I rushed into the door."

     "You're just being nice."

     "I could be mean." I joked and he let out a breathy chuckle.

     "How is your," he trailed off and coughed awkwardly. "---your butt."

     Feeling my cheeks heat up, I felt lucky that it was dark out. "I think it's alright." I quickly mumbled and suddenly felt the need to hide myself.

     "You could let me check it out, if you're not sure." He said in a low voice and sent me a wink.

     Feeling my breath get caught in my throat, I tried to brush off the words. He wasn't single. "Where are we going, anyway?" I chose to ask instead of addressing his sentence.

     "Here," he stopped in his tracks and I looked around and spotted bright lights and a sigh to an ice cream parlour. "I was a bit of a stalker and asked Lex about what you like and he said ice cream so I'm about to get you the best ice cream in the country."

     Smiling like a child, I looked up at him. "This is a pretty great way to say sorry." I said and began to walk towards the door with him by my side.

   Cold air blew from the multiple aircons and it made me feel so happy. My hair started to move around but I didn't necessarily care about my appearance as we made out way to order some delicious desserts--- my favorite kind of food. Levi ordered for the both of us; being very secretive about the flavour but I was excited regardless.

     We took our seats as soon as we got our ice cream and I felt my stomach flip in pure joy--- I was a sucker for ice cream. "Thanks so much for this, Levi." I said and took the first bite. Pure bliss went through me as the amazing flavour danced on my tastebuds causing me to moan in satisfaction. "Okay, this might actually be the best ice cream in the world."

     "I told you," Levi answered with a smile of amusement. "I guess it kind of worked out, right? Me hitting you with a door."

     "You should knock me out more often if this is your kind of apology." I joked and filled my mouth again.

     His eyes stayed glued to me, lips lifted into a small smirk that kind of made me nervous but the ice cream took the edge off. "Maybe I will. Or maybe I could just ask you out."

     And I froze.

*
like and comment x