nine

chapter nine

《》

     THE ART SHOW THAT LEVI invited me to was very interesting and I liked the atmosphere. It was great seeing him in a neat suit, hair tied up in a bun and a cute pair of glasses covering his beautiful eyes. He looked a little nervous when I first walked in but once our eyes met, his signature smile painted his tan face.

     "You look fancy," I commented and briefly kissed his cheek.

     He smiled shyly and shoved his hands in the pockets of his pants. "You're just mocking me." He said and glanced away from me.

     "Maybe I am," I giggled. "Just a little bit." He soon joined my laughter but his smile immediately dropped when he saw something at the door.

     Curious, I looked back and saw the one person I wasn't expecting to be here; Maxine. Levi knew all the words I was thinking so I simply glanced at him as she sweated from his expensive looking suit.

     "She told me she wasn't coming," He assured me but I didn't care for what he was saying. Now I was just the girl in the middle of a couple. "I even let her know you'll be here as my support system so it doesn't make sense why she's even here."

     Before I could rush out, Max was in front of me and giving me a friendly hug. "Hey Maddie," she said. "I'm so glad you could join us. Levi has been preparing for this viewing for months and he's so nervous. It's good to have a friendly face around."

     I sent a quick glance to Levi and faked a big smile. "I'm glad I could support." I basically mumbled and stepped back from the couple. "I'm going to check out some other works around there."

     As the place filled up, more important looking people were soon looking at the paintings and nodding or just sending the artists smiles. Levi's work was phenomenal and I knew he would get a great review in the upcoming ureview column and people would definitely be lining up to buy his work.

     People were everywhere and I had gotten myself an alcohol free champagne and I had that with me as I pretended to understand the artwork. It was all good but sometimes it just looked like a good blend of colours instead of 'the system holding is down' for example. I wasn't an art lover but I could tell these people were talented.

     Suddenly, someone stood right next to me and leaned their head closer to my head. "Do you want to join me for dinner? I'm starving but I don't want to have take out." Levi whispered then stood straight as his lips curved into a smirk.

     "Isn't Max available for that?" I asked, eyes fixed to a painting that I didn't particularly understand but the colours were very alluring.

     "Max left about ten minutes ago after she got a call from her mum about some probably fake emergency." He explained and began to look at the painting with me. "You don't have any idea what you're looking at, do you?"

     Feeling slightly embarrassed, I rolled my eyes and took a sip from my champagne. "I obviously am aware of what I'm looking at, Levi." I lied.

     "Oh really?" he asked and brought his lips by my ear, hot breath fanning me as my heart rate accelerated. "Then maybe we too could try out that position." He whispered causing my eyes to widen and cheeks to redden and realisation hit me.

     "I need a refill." I abruptly said and walked away from the painting and a laughing Levi.

     "We're on for dinner, right?" He called out and I smiled to myself.

     "Yeah," I turned my head and told him.

*