two

chapter two

《》

     "MADDIE," I HEARD A DEEP and familiar voice call in my slumber. Groaning, I rolled over and tried to get more comfortable but the feel of the bed was different. Panic rushed through me as I tried to remember the events if last night, keeping my eyes tightly shut. Did I sleep over at a guy's place? "Madelyn!"

The voice was a little louder with humor laced in every syllable. I, on the other hand, felt my anxiety growing and I began to crack my eyelids open. I needed to at least face the hard truth. Weirdly, clear white walls came into view, my best friend and a young woman in white stood by the bed, calmly looking at me.

     "What's going on?" I asked in a small voice.

     "You're dying!" My best friend, Alexander Jenson--- or Lex for short, exclaimed and I only rolled my hazel eye. I knew him well enough to know he was only trying to scare me.

     The young looking doctor sent Lex a stern look, causing him to throw his hands up and take a step back, then she proceeded to explain my state to me. "You suffered some minor shock after you fell. It may have been due to fear or maybe the sudden contact took you by so much surprise, you fainted." Suddenly, a wave of memories of previous events flooded me and I recalled everything--- at least up until I fainted. "We ran a bunch of tests and everything looks good. You might have some bruising and discomfort for a few days but you're good."

     "Thank you, doctor." I muttered and ran a hand through the tangles in my hair. I probably looked like a mess but Lex had seem me in worse states.

     "I'll let you get some rest. You can leave when you want but I need you to fill out some forms before you leave. Just some routine stuff, that's all." She told me before leaving the room. It was hard to miss the cold glare she sent Lex on her way out, making me giggle at my best friend.

     "She doesn't like you," I commented and shifted in the bed. "My tiny butt is so sore." I added and swung my legs over the edge of the bed, wincing at the pain that followed.

     "Is it safe to call her a homophobe?" Lex brought a finger to his clean chin as I rolled my eyes with a smile and put my shoes back on. "On a lighter note, let's talk about the hottie that brought you in." His eyes lit up as he tried to make eye contact with me. He prided himself in the art of reading me.

     "What hottie?" I acted oblivious, avoiding eye contact and scanning the room for my belonging. "Where's my stuff?"

     Holding up my bag, Lex walked over to me and narrowed his shiny eyes into slits. "There's a story to this incident, isn't there?"

     "I was going to ask for a ride since it was raining but he opened the door first and it hit me." I seriously told Lex and reached for my bag which he held away from me. "There's literally nothing to tell."

     "Oh really?" Lex challenged and reached into my bag. "I guess your fall must have been epic because he left his phone number." He said holding up a piece of paper.

     Shit.

*

i really hope you enjoyed that. leave a like and please share my story if you are. i still haven't decided on a normal chapter length so expect the lengths to keep varying until i find what fits. but expect short chapters never more than 1500 words. have a great day/night!
xx