four

chapter four

《》

     "I LOOK RIDICULOUS!" I exclaimed and dropped my full weight on the unmade bed. "Can we just cancel? Please!" Lex, who had his full focus on his newly bleached hair, gave me a cold look that didn't need words to accompany it. Throwing my hands in the air, I giggled and picked myself up, making my way to the full length mirror in my room.

     Lex had brought over an outfit after I vented to him about not having anything beach party friendly to wear or the money to get a new outfit on such short notice. So he had come with a new outfit that made me cringe once it was on me. Alone, the pale pink two piece looked great but as soon as it was on my body, the insecurities came flooding in. I was aware it brought out my small breasts and made them look great but I was hard to ignore the fact that I was too small. According to my doctor, my body fat was enough and it didn't mean I had any problem but it was always hard having to explain to people that I wasn't anorexic.

     "You don't need to be a standard size to be hot, Madelyn." Lex told me as sternly as he could while he eyed my crop top and shorts. "Now throw on some sandals and let's get going. You look flaming hot, Mads."

     Lex had a way of making me push my insecurities aside and just be myself. It wasn't long until we were arriving at the location, me in the new outfit and Lex in a simple--- but nice--- blue tshirt and shorts. It was hard not to imagine all eyes staring at me and people wondering why I thought it was alright to show off my body like that. It was difficult making my way through the crowd to a more safe environment for my anxiety.

     The handsome stranger--- Levi, as i learnt--- didn't take too long until he made an appearance and spotted me. Lex wasn't wrong about his good looks. Curly hair stood neat on his head, green eyes glimmered with joy and brown skin practically glistened against the hot sun that chose to make an appearance that day.

     "Madelyn," he spoke and like earlier that week, my heart fluttered at his voice. "I'm so glad you and Lex could make it."

     The little side hug was awkward and as much as his scent was heavenly, I wasn't so good at hugging. "Thanks for the invite." I oddly said and pushed my brown hair out of my face.

     A smile colored his perfectly sculpted face and he held my shoulder, staring right into my eyes. "It's the least I could do after what I did to you."

     "Don't worry about it," I managed to say, heart beating a million kilometers per hour. Maybe seeing him and hearing his genuine words was starting to make me develop a small crush on him. Or maybe his touch was what made me anxious and a little terrified.

     "Now let me get you two some drinks and you can meet everyone." Levi said and led Lex and I into the little party.

     When we reached the small group that had their spot away from most of the clustered beach, they welcomed us and made up feel comfortable. I was happy until a beautiful blonde girl came up to me and smiled, holding out her hand. "Hey Madelyn. I'm Levi's girlfriend Maxine and I'm so glad he brought you two here. I honestly feel bad for him for causing you to go to the hospital like that." She spoke and I forced a smile.

     Girlfriend?

*

i hope you enjoyed that. please leave a comment and tell me what you think. if you liked it, don't forget to vote. x