22

Bakugou woke up on the unfamiliar hard bed, uncomfortable at the lack of warmth he was feeling. He groaned as he sat up, remembering what had happened yesterday.

Bakugou walked next to Kirishima, one guard in front of them while another was behind them. He watched as they passed some doors, noticing some people in them. Villains.

The hall narrowed, forcing Kirishima to trail behind him instead of beside him. They passed two more doors before he heard Kirishima whimper, making him turn to see what was happening. The guard was pushing Kirishima into the next room, his hand wrapped around Kirishima's arm as he pushed him into the room. Bakugou growled at the guard, seeing how tears spiked the corner of Kirishima's eyes as he gripped his own arm, trying to sooth the pain.

Bakugou's eyes narrowed as he stared at the guard. Bakugou wanted to say something, but he knew he needed to keep quiet if he wanted to get out of there soon. So, he kept walking. They passed three doors before turning left, passing five more doors before the same thing was happening to him. 

"Your trial is tomorrow." Bakugou sighed as he watched the metal door in front of him clank shut.

Bakugou sat on his bed, the slim mattress worn out by the metal frame that was digging into it. He groaned as he rubbed the back of his neck. He reached into his pocket, attempting to grab his phone so he could check the time. Instead, his fingers were met with the fabric of the pocket in his pants.

"Right, why would they let me have my phone." Bakugou chuckled, his voice dry and scratchy. He got up from where he was sitting, making his way over to the metal door that stood before him before knocking on it a few times. It took a few seconds until he heard various locks being unlocked from the other side.

"What do you want?" A guard asked in an uninterested tone, even though it was obvious that he was giddy just seeing the blond male. 

"What time is it, and what time is the trial." Bakugou asked, his gaze casted to the ground instead of the guard.

"It's 9:26. The trial is at 10." The guard spoke again, staring at Bakugou.

"Shouldn't we be going to where the trial is, then?" Bakugou asked, making the guard stop to think for a moment before closing the door again. Bakugou waited a few minutes before the door opened again, the previous guard now accompanied by five other guards. He watched as the last one held up a pair of quirk-cancelling handcuffs, making him sigh. He just nodded, letting them put the handcuffs on him without any problems. 

The six guards escorted him out of the room, passing five doors before turning right, passing three more doors before they stopped. Bakugou watched as the guards got Kirishima out of his room, placing a pair of quirk-cancelling handcuffs on him. Kirishima walked over to Bakugou's side, glad he could see the blond again.

He didn't want to leave his side ever again after that.

The pair walked out of the facility, seeing three cars at the front of the building. Two guards in the front broke off to one of the cars, while two of them brought Kirishima to the second car, and finally two brought Bakugou to the last car. He stayed silent the whole ride there, attempting to piece together his story in his head.

He couldn't tell them about the memories from his past life. How he started the fire just because he was being controlled by the universe. Like he was being controlled by fate.

Bakugou sighed as he looked out the window, watching things as they passed. They stopped after ten minutes, Bakugou's ears being filled with the sound of the car door slamming once again. He let them open the door for him before he got out, his hands still occupied with the handcuffs. He looked around, immediately spotting Kirishima being surrounded by people who were waiting outside of the building. He wanted to yell at them, but he knew better. Now wasn't the time to act up.

He watched as the guards told the people to back away, letting Kirishima have some space. They started walking into the building, both Bakugou and Kirishima immediately being pushed up to a table with a guy they haven't seen before. 

"I'm your lawyer. When you get called up, make sure you answer every question truthfully." He said, making both Kirishima and Bakugou nod.

"Katsuki Bakugou, please take the stand." Bakugou heard someone say, but he couldn't really tell who because of how it felt like his whole world was spinning.

Bakugou just nodded, walking up to the seat in the front. He avoided eye contact with almost everyone, his eyes focused on the red head that sat at the table a few feet in front of him. Another guy he hadn't seen before got up and stood in front of him.

"Katsuki Bakugou, do you swear to tell the truth, and only the truth?" Bakugou was asked, and he just nodded. He wanted to get this done and over with. He already knew what he was going to say.

"Katsuki, where were you on the night of the fire?"

"What time?" Bakugou asked, needing clarification.

"Just tell us about that night."

"Right before the fire, I was starting the fire. During the fire, I was watching the fire. A little bit into the fire, I went in and saw Eijiro on the floor and took him outside." Bakugou stated bluntly, watching as Kirishima's eyes widened.

"So you admit that you started the fire?" 

"Isn't that what I just said?" Bakugou scoffed, already annoyed with the whole process.

"Is it true that you and Eijiro Kirishima ran away from fellow students Denki Kaminari and Hanta Sero when they accused you of starting the fire?" 

"I ran away from them, and forced Eijiro to come with me." Bakugou lied, staring Kirishima in the eyes as he said it.