- Twenty-five: Misson gone wrong -

Here's an update. I'm tired. It's the end of the year guys.

—————

Percy had left the big house slamming the door behind him. Luke and the others let it sink in. Wayword was dead. And for god knows how long? A decade? Thirty?

Luke sat down on the chair and sighed. Bianca rubbed his shoulders comfortingly. "He was dead the entire time," he said in a defeated tone.

"Who's Wayword?" Hazel asked carefully aware of the sensitivity of the person.

Silena glanced at her. "He's a warrior in our army too. He and Percy were the best in the army. They did everything together and always had each other's back. He died and we didn't know," she said sadly thinking about the dead warrior.

Beckendorf wrapped an arm around his wife's shoulders reassuringly. It was Percy who needed comfort at the moment.

The son of Hestia had his arms outstretched as he swirled them. The boulder floating in front of him spun with his hand too. He stopped spinning it and hoisted it up to the air before slamming it onto the ground. The ground shook on impact as he straightened from his position. He had been training his skills for over a century now taught by an elderly female creature from another planet.

Percy stomped a foot onto the ground and made a jerking gesture with his arm towards the sky. A block of the earth shot out from the ground. He tilted his head and pushed his head down. The block sunk back into the ground as if it had never come out.

Percy!

The son of Hestia blocked out the mind link. He couldn't deal with them at the moment, not after they had found out about Wayword. He decided to go to his mother's hearth. He lifted an arm and blue flames rose around him making him disappear.

When he reappeared, he was engulfed in a hug. Hestia pulled away and her eyes lit up brightly. "What brings you here?" She asked and guided him towards his seat. He sat down beside her and sighed. She stroked his hair comfortingly as he told her what happened.

"It is not your fault, Percy," she said firmly but kindly.

"But he died on my watch," he said and rubbed the tears that threatened to fall.

Hestia made him turn around and face her. "Did you force him to come with you?" He shook his head.

"Did you abandon each other?" He shook his head.

"Did he blame when he died?" Percy shook his head.

"Then it's not your fault and if he's still alive, he would tell you to stop beating yourself over his death," she said and patted his hand.

"Even so, I am pretty sure he would want you yo kick their asses for him," she said and winked. He chuckled and released the tension from his shoulders.

"Thanks. I needed that," he said. She smiled kissed his forehead.

"You're welcome." Percy disappeared away in a column of blue flames again and reappeared in camp startling a few people.

He walked towards the big house and placed a hand on the door. He sucked in a deep breath before pushing it opened.

"Percy!" He was immediately engulfed by Bianca's beat hug. He winced and hugged her back as best as he could. She finally let him go and the smile on her face disappeared. She whacked his arm and he yelped.

"Do not disappear like that again," she warned. He nodded his head quickly in reply.

Luke stared at the immortal assassin before him. It was like he was seeing him in a different light now. He thought he knew his friend but it was like he only scratched the surface. "If you don't want us to scout the enemy base, then we won't," he said to the son of Hestia.

Percy glanced up, "As long as I'm with you guys." Luke stared at him surprised. A few hours ago, he was so against the idea of entering the enemy base. Now, he wants in.

"Okay," Luke let out a smile.

"Who's going then?" Percy asked as he pulled out a chair.

"You, Bianca and Reyna," Luke said. Percy nodded his head.

"Once we enter enemy territory, we can't teleport out. There's an enchantment that doesn't allow us to flash in and out of the place," Percy said. They nodded their heads in understanding.

"We leave at dawn," he said.

—————

Everyone appeared on the hill at dawn. "No cloak?" Bianca asked curiously. Percy shrugged, "It gets in the way." He slipped his mask on and smiled.

"I'll teleport us there," Percy said. The three of them vanished with a 'pop' sound before reappearing in a forest.

"This is it," Percy said before kneeling behind a big rock. The other two kneeled beside him and sure enough, there was a big castle at the front.

That's a lot of metal, Percy thought to himself.  "How are we going to get in?" Bianca asked quietly.

Percy stood up and slammed a foot on the ground. He thrust his hand out and circled the floor. Bianca and Reyna weren't expecting anything to happened until they saw the ground dissolving before disappearing into a hole. They stared at it impressed.

"Come on." They jumped into it and followed the assassin.

—————

Luke and the others ran to the entrance of Camp Half-Blood. He stopped in his tracks when he saw Percy there. He stomped one foot forward and punched his fist upwards in the air. Suddenly, the ground rumbled and rocks shot up towards the unknown person in front of him. It trapped him in it and Percy stood from his stance.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He spat out. The unknown figure chuckled evilly and gave a wicked grin.

"A deal."

Percy glared at him harshly. "What deal?"

"You for your friends," he said and smirked.

Luke widened his eyes as he stared at Percy. The son of Hestia glare didn't falter as he stared at him. "No deal." He shot up and swung a leg into the air. The earth surrounding the unknown figure grunted as he flew out of the camp's borders.

Percy glared in the direction he flew before he stood again. He passed by everyone and brushed past Luke.

He slammed the door to the big house causing everyone to jump. "Luke, we're holding a rescue party," Silena said as she pointed her finger in the direction of the big house.

The first-in-command nodded his head and followed her. His eyes barely fleeted towards the assassin before he faced Silena. "Zoë, Luke and Percy will lead the rescue mission," she said. The son of Hermes glared at the table clearly annoyed. Zoë had to keep her irritation down from the way her leader was giving Percy the cold shoulder.

When Percy returned to camp, he was bleeding and alone. Silena came to his aid and guided him towards the infirmary. They healed his wounds as he clenched his fists tightly.

The door burst opened revealing Rachel, Luke, Beckendorf and Zoe. "Where's Bianca?" The son of Hermes asked worriedly.

Percy averted his eyes from him. Luke's eyes flashed a dark blue. "Percy, where is Bianca?" The assassin turned his head and stared at him.

"They got captured."

This seemed to snap the commander out of his trance and he growled. "Why didn't you save them!" He shouted angrily. Zoë placed a hand on his arm. Luke's anger flared as the immortal assassin didn't answer.

He stormed out of the infirmary with Beckendorf following in tow. Percy turned his head to the side and let out a shuddering breath. He didn't want them to see the single tear that fell and the white lines that spread further in his eyes.