- Twenty-one: Chaos finds the gods amusing -

848 reads. Thank you so much. Here's another chapter.

—————

—————

"Open your mind and you will see all the elements are one."

Renegade stared at the creature before him with a fascinated look. Her hand was moving in a circle and so was the rock before her.

She lifted her hand and made it into a fist. The assassin stared at the rock in awe. It turned into the sand as it dropped to the ground.

"Even metal," she said. Renegade tilted his head to the side.

"You can control metal?" He asked excitedly. She chuckled and shook her head.

"No, but maybe one day you can."

Percy stared at the blob of metal with its jagged edges. He inhaled and exhaled through his nose before closing his hands over it. When he pulled his hands apart, the stone started smoothing its edges before turning into a sphere.

A big smile appeared on his face as he closed his hand again before pulling back. The metal sphere pulled itself apart before forming a star shape. "I did it!" He exclaimed to himself. He turned his hand around the star-shaped object and it turned into an ankle bracelet.

He slipped it onto his ankle and smiled. This was wicked.

—————

When he returned to camp, everyone was crowded around the fields. Percy asked one of the campers what was happening. "The strawberry fields turned black for some reason," he said and pointed to the fields.

Sure enough, a corner of the field was wilting. Smoke started coming out from the wilted berries. He found Bianca in the midst of everyone. "We don't know what's happening either but when a few of the campers touched the dying berries, their skin started turning red and rashes appeared," she said worriedly.

Percy exhaled through his breath. "Alright, listen up!" Everyone turned to face him.

"Do not touch the decaying crops. Demeter cabin, see if you can get rid of them without touching them," he instructed. They nodded their heads and started working.

"Athena cabin, see what you can find out about the decaying crops. If you think any information is helpful, inform Commander Iros," he said.

"The rest of you, continue what you were doing." Everyone scattered leaving the commanders standing around the fields. Percy stared back at the black crops. A bad feeling creeping into his guts. Something was about to go down and he did not like it one bit.

"We'll observe the crops. If it happens again, we'll ask Lady Demeter and Athena," Percy said. Everyone nodded their heads before going back to their routines.