Chapter 4

The next few days were a bit hectic. Mom was busy for the preparations. It was so busy that my father couldn't beat me up. How could he?When our relatives and friends are here everyday to give their condolences. It was a nice change.

And I hated it.

I hate the fact that this change was only short-lived. And that because it's the funeral of my sister. That's the fact that I hate the most.

It still hadn't sink in to me yet. Everyday, whenever I wake up, I still expect her to come barging into my room with a big smile on her face to greet me good morning. I would wait for an hour until reality sets in. That she's not going to come into my room anymore, that the only good thing in my life was gone. It was a big blow to my heart. Everyday I'll wait and everyday I grieve.

It was like the sun would never come up again.

I smiled sadly at that thought.

When had the sun come up in my life anyway?

Never.

Even if it did, it never last.

~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next day with a heavy feeling in my heart. This was it.

This was the day.

This was the day that we'll bury Ana.

The morning went by. I couldn't remember anything. It was all so fast, like a blur. I was just able to focus when we were at the cemetery. When the casket was being lowered six feet under the ground. I glanced around. Everyone was crying. Especially mom. She had to be pulled away from the casket so that Ana can be buried. Everyone was looking at her sympathetically.

But what she was feeling can't measure to what I'm feeling. I was hollow, empty.

I actually envy mom. She can still cry, still scream out her agony, still feel. I can't.

I'm too empty.

I guess this was my way of coping.

Too soon, it was over. Most of the guests had left after giving their final condolences, though there were some who stayed for a bit. I heard too many I'm sorry, She's in a better place now, I feel your loss and I understand what you're going through.

The last one almost made me laugh.

You understand what I'm going through?

Not likely. No one does.

We went back home, with the few people who stayed to help and comfort. I wasn't surprised by what we saw as mom opened the door.

It was just my father, drinking as usual. He looked drunk but not that drunk.

Some of the guest actually gave him sympathetic looks. Like the reason he was drunk was because of Ana's death. That he was grieving.

That was a load of bull. Just the other day, I heard him complaining, screaming actually, at mom that this was all just a waste of money for a worthless person. I wanted to barge in their room and punch or kick him, I don't care which. I just wanted to hurt him.

"Please, him being drunk is normal. That's not rare in this house. Actually, there's a lot of things that happens here that you don't want to know" was what I wanted to tell them, but didn't.I was too tired, emotionally, to sum up the courage.

To tell them what an uncaring bastard he is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the long wait! I just finished my exam.

SO here's the new chapter! As always, tell me what you think! I always love hearing from you! :D

I forgot, this chapter is dedicated to Beautiful_Michelle

P.S: What do you think about the new cover?