Chapter 8

Jake's POV:

I learned that Cassie was in my last class. As I entered the room, I noticed that no one was sitting beside her.

"Hey Jake! Why don't you sit next to me?" Hanna, my classmate during History class, suggested.

I faced her. "Sorry, I'm already sitting next to Cassie" I told her, giving an apologetic shrug.

Her smile faltered a little, but then turned into a frown. "Cassie? As in Cassie Adams?" she asked. I nodded. "Why would you sit next to the school freak?"

My brows furrowed in confusion. "School freak? How is she a school freak?"

"Look at her!" she pointed in Cassie's direction. I looked at Cassie. True, she was slouched down in her seat, head bowed. Her long, dark hair covering her face and she almost looked like she doesn't have a care in the world.

"What about it? For all we know, she's a nice girl...a little weird, at first, but nice all the same" I reasoned.

She sighed. "There's no arguing with you. You're too nice and friendly with anyone. Well, if she ignores you, this seat will still be open" she gestured to the chair beside her.

"Sure, thanks Hanna" I smilled at her before turning towards the seat next to Cassie. "Hey, is this seat taken?" I asked her.

She didn't respond, still looking down at her desk. I took that as a no.

"Then do you mind if I sit here?" still no response. "O-kay" I sat down, taking out my things.

I kept talking to her but every time I tried, I get the same response. Silence.

~~~~~~~~

The teacher dismissed and everyone was rushing to get out of the room, but I stayed behind as I noticed that Cassie didn't made any move to get out of her seat.

"Cassie, aren't you leaving?" I asked. Nothing. "Cassie? Uh..Cassie?" still nothing, not even when I poked her shoulder.

"CASSIE!" I shouted out.

She jumped, eyes wide and her body tensed.

"Cassie? Are you alright?" I asked.

She looked at me, still tensed until she slowly relaxed. She picked up her bag on the floor, stood up and slowly walked out of the room with shaky legs.

I stood, stock still, my gaze following her out of the room. I was confused.

Hell, confused was an understatement.

What was wrong with that girl? First, I was now positive that she flinched away when I walked past her. Second, she barely acknowledged me throughout the class, even when I kept talking to her and third, when I woke her up, she reacted so...differently. Like, she prepared herself for the worst.

But what for?

One thing is for certain, I was now totally interested in this girl.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Yay! Another update!

Again, it's short, but I liked this chapter.

I wrote this chapter after a hard day at college. Wanna know why? I attended my classes while I had a fever. And I was supposed to post this yesterday but I couldn't. No idea if it's because of my laptop or our internet connection.

Anyway, do point out any typos and grammatical errors since as I said before, I'm sick. And I'd love to hear from you guys! No one's leaving me any comments!! I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!!!!

By the way guys! I had 500 + reads! I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Comment, vote and fan guys!!!

~Remaloin