Chapter 16

*Grell's POV*

The light chatter from the café surrounded you, the occasional sound of the bell would overlay the chatter. You had a fancy coffee that had been recently brought over from Italy.

It was called the Caffe Corretto, it was made from a classic Italian recipe from pure espresso, an Italian grappa and a shot of alcohol. It was perfect to set you up for what you were about to do. Even as a higher being, even though a single shot and caffeine didn't really do anything for you, it still tasted brilliant.

The bell sounded again and the atmosphere around the café shifted, he had arrived. The humans around you couldn't feel it as their senses weren't advanced enough. So for them, it was just another stranger coming in for coffee. You didn't even have to look up from sharpening your nails, you felt the air turn dark and cold like a heavy storm was descending into the café.

Your ears focused on the calculated steps making their way towards you. You tried your hardest to act natural by still sharpening your nails, but your body was a shaking, afraid reaper on the inside. You showed confidence on the outside, like always, so that Kayden didn't get suspicious.

The chair in front of you screeched as it was pulled out for Kayden to sit down, he didn't say anything and just sat before you, staring with a slight frown arms folded against his chest he was clearly in no way relaxed. This was not a good start.

You examined the long nail that you had been slaving over to get perfect before finally turning to the demon in front of you, a sharper toothy smile settling on your face "Kayden darling I'm glad we could have coffee agin it's been too long".

"What do you want Grell? When we spoke about coffee before you were too busy and I doubt William T. Spears had allowed you time to meet with a demon of all things" he was clever.

"You caught me. I've actually snuck away from work to see you" you said in your usual happy manner.

"Yes I got that much from you being here. But what do you want?" Kayden didn't flinch.

"I want in on your Vendetta against (Y/N)" you burst out.

You watched as Kaydens eyes widened slightly. He was very surprised but was trying to hide it. You couldn't blame him for this, you weren't supposed to know about this. No one was supposed to know, he was the only party in the plan and he definitely didn't tell anyone about it.

After the surprise his face turned into a deep unsettling frown pointed directly at you "how do you know about that?"

His growl almost made your smile drop from how threatening it was, you had to think fast "I over heard William darling. He was talking to our supervisors about you".

"And how does he know about this?" He continued to growl.

"Darling you've been killing people off for months now, you really think us reapers wouldn't notice. You're putting us out of a job" you laughed trying to play it off.

Kayden hummed "and what's Williams plan to deal with me".

"I'm unsure, I dashed out to find you before I could hear it, but I will find out for you immediately if you let me help you" you giddily jumped in your seat.

"And why would you want to be apart of this? You have nothing to do with (Y/N)" he asked.

"I do actually. She stole my Bassy from me and I want her out of the way so I could get hin back. Also to annoy William as he's been forcing me to do too much work" you groaned.

You were doing this for Bassy and the tea you had been waiting for. You mind also wondered about all the meals he was going to make for you. The anger you were feeling quickly turned to excitement at the thought as you took a sip from your coffee, both pinkies out to show that you were a 'proper lady'.

"So we both want her dead because she has ruined our lives, at least we have something in common" he smirked.

"Yes and annoying William in the process is just a bonus... so what do you think? Am I in?" You gave him a cheeky smirk.

"I guess I could find something for a reaper of your skill, to do" he smirked back accepting you.

"Darling this is the best decision you will ever make" you drew out.

*(Y/N)'s POV*

You knew you looked distant and out of it, you felt that you were but you couldn't pull your self back. You had been washing the same plate for the past 10 minutes. It was now the cleanest plate in the entire house, but the rest of the cutlery was still sat to the side begging to be cleaned.

"Is she ok?" The whisper from Finney behind you went over your head.

Your mind was completely on Grell, you couldn't decide wether you could trust her or not, you mind going through the options, the positives and negatives bouncing around your skull, never settling. Your hands were wrinkly from the extended time they had been underwater.

"I don't know, maybe you should ask her" a deeper whisper from Bard also went over your head.

"(Y/N)?" A smooth voice almost managed to take you from your own mind.

"(Y/N)?" The owner of the voice reached out and took the plate that was in your hand.

You jumped in surprise and your head snapped up to the person, or demon, who brought you from your mind. You frowned and tilted you head in a questioning manner, he asked you to clean, and now he was stopping you?

"You should probably move onto something else. This plate seems clean enough" Sebastian places it down on the draining board.

"Right sorry, I was just thinking. Thank you for stopping me from continuing to clean that plate" you apologised.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked you smoothly.

"I'm just worried about Grell, that's all" you answered picking up a tea cup to clean, gently.

"I thought you trusted me?" Sebastian sounded busy but you knew that he was only pretending.

"I do, I told you I do. I'm just considering the positives and negatives of using Grell" you shrugged placing the tea cup along side the plate on the draining board.

"Allow me to dry for you" Sebastian changed the conversation sensing you unease.

You nodded in thanks as you both settled down with cleaning and drying, light chatter between the both of you depleted all of your worries which you much appreciated.

—————————————
AN:
This book it coming to an end, there aren't many chapters left to go. Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have enjoyed 'A Demon Inside' and I hope you take a look at my other fan fictions. ❤️❤️❤️