12:30 am

"When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable." 

― Jess C. Scott, The Intern

12:30 am,

13th April, 2015. 

Kate: So... don't mind me asking but; is surgery really required when a Male to Female transgender is in love with a girl?

John: What do you mean?

Kate: Is it really necessary for, you know, transitioning oneself surgically?  If an MTF transgender, who is biologically a boy, falls in love with a girl - why don't they make love like heterosexual people and she could skip the surgery and remain a guy biologically? Why remove her 'you know what' down there?

John: *laughs* Okay so it's like this... I give you a plate and tell you to have some corn soup. And you want the soup, you love it. But you don't want to have it on a plate as you're not comfortable with it. So you ask for a bowl, but I tell you to just keep using the plate, because that's what you already have. Even though it's not working out, I keep telling you to use the plate because why bother getting a bowl if you already have one utensil which fits the norm?

Kate: ...oh right. It makes sense.

John: Mhm.

Kate: Another question?

John: Go ahead.

Kate: Are you a lesbian? I'm sorry if I sound rude but I'm just curious. Like, you were a girl biologically and you're into girls apparently so...?

John: Wel-

Kate: Though I believe we're all on a spectrum between heterosexual and homosexual. Some are further along that scale than others. I, for example, class myself as straight. But that could change at any moment if Lana Del Rey walked into the room like seriously have you seen her? She's stunning.

John: I'm straight. Straight as a ruler.

Kate: ...okay.

John: Yeah.

Kate: Are you mad at me?

John: No. Why would I be?

Kate: Nevermind. So, I have bad news.

John: Coco died?

Kate: NO! Shut up John! How could you say that?

John: Why do you like that rat so much, anyway?

Kate: Coco is a hamster, smartass.

John: Whatever. Looks like a rat to me. Anyway, what's the bad news?

Kate: I just killed our baby.

John: ...what baby? We don't have a baby. God, did you just adopt some random animal off the streets because I swea-

Kate: Shush no. I meant, human baby.

John: Huh?

Kate: I'm on my period so future child dead.

John: ...that's the most horrible joke ever, Kate.

Kate: Hey at least I'm trying okay *laughs*

John: Silly girl *laughs with her*