7:00 pm

"This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something we wanted." 
― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love

7:00 pm,

12th April, 2015.

-At John's house-

(Both of them were lying on John's bed, staring at the ceiling.)

Kate: You never talk much about your father.

John: What do you want to know about him?

Kate: Just about anything.

John: My father was German with a dash of Scottish blood in his veins. He loved golf and he was quite good at it. He hated disorder and would spend one hour everyday unpacking his bag and then packing it again just so that it's 'organized and neat'. He was an expert in a topic that never quite appealed to me – North Korea. He had read endless books and novellas about the said country and would go on and on about it.  He was an interesting man; he claimed to predict the future. He said he knew he'd die after my fourteenth birthday, and did.  

Kate: How was he with you?

John: *smiles* He was an amazing father. He'd always drag me to various bookstores ; thus developing my ardent love for reading. He'd read The Great Gatsby and The Scarlet Letter to me at night. He'd always picture me as his little girl, though. He always wanted a girl and he was so delighted at seeing me when I was born, as told by my mum. I never really told him about my 'out of the body' experience. I didn't want to break his heart.

Kate: Its okay, Johanna. *holds his hand*

John: *swats her arm away in anger* don't call me that again.

Kate: *gets a little scared by his sudden change of tone* I'm sorry.

John: *sighs* I'm sorry. You know I hate being called that. Don't do it again please.

Kate: I was consoling Johanna. John, your eyes spoke that you were thinking about your girl-self and whether you've upset your father or no. Therefore, I just wanted to tell her its okay.

John: It's fine. 

Kate: ...

John: *starts tracing shapes on her collarbones*

Kate: Why do you keep doing that? *laughs*

John:  I like collarbones. I can't help but admire yours. They're perfect.

Kate: Not as much as you.

John: Obviously.