Chapter twenty-one: Bond of ice and fire.

That evil sharp toothed grin taunted her. The blond elf held a clump of her hair in his fist to keep her head up after she was exhausted from the surgery she had and was forced to watch. "What's wrong Yuki?," the Elf asked with a gleeful tone, "Are you giving up already? We can't have that."
The cold bodied female only gasped for air and hissed from pain of him holding her head up by her hair, he held her chin up with a gloved hand. He let her hair go.
His green eyes had an evil glint in them, "You have work to do, you and Shiro both."

(Y/n) felt his hot breath against her cheek, she tried to pull away from the blond. He gripped her face harder, "No, You haven't earned a rest yet. I want to see what your power is like."
The female panted heavily from her exhaustion, her screaming and struggling had worn her out. Her eyes were empty and reddened by tears.
"Oh, that expression of yours is quite endearing. I kind of want to see what other expressions you can make.," Elf cooed, "Your pretty face makes it even better."
She weakly reached up and grabbed his wrist. Ice formed on his hand and he pulled away, causing the young woman to fall.
The cold bodied female gasped as she struggled to get up, she felt a weight on her back.
"That kind of hurt.," Elf's voice said and the female could hear his wicked smile.

She felt more pressure be applied to her back and she was pressed into the floor, "How deliciously pathetic you look, but how fortunate that you are under our care. You will be better than what you were before."
Elf patted her head and pressed more weight onto her.
"Go on, get up and attack me again... What would Shiro think of seeing you as a monster?," the malicious male asked, "Although, you and I were already monsters to begin with. We are the same."
"I'm... nothing like... you. You elfish bastard.," (y/n) was able to wheeze out as Elf pulled at her hair again.
"I like it when they are fiesty.," she heard the green eyed male titter and pulled her up to a standing position, "I forgot that you were taller than me."
(Y/n) looked to the now empty table, "Shiro..."
"Don't worry, he's still alive. Now move.," The elf ordered her and made her move forward to a cell with a mangled bloody body inside.

"Shiro!," (y/n)'s hoarse voice called to the weakened male, he lifted his head as the cell door was opened and the female was thrown in.
"I'll leave you two alone for a bit, I'll be back though for your testing Yuki~," the Elf said and waved as he walked away.
(Y/n) crawled over to the weakened Shiro and touched his faced, he sharply drew in a breath.
"Your skin is colder than a breeze now.," he gasped out, "My body feels like it's on fire though... so it's okay."
The female's eyes stinged as more tears fell on the male and she embraced him, "I'll Protect you Shiro... I'll protect you. I don't want to see you hurt anymore."
She felt his hand press against her cheek, he was warmer than usual but still comforting.
"You have.. you have protected me for so long... I want to protect you.," the male said up to her as she cradled him, "Just promise to smile for me. Your smile is so beautiful."

The cold bodied female looked down to the metal where his legs used to be and clutched his torso tighter to hers, he tightly embraced her back.
Shiro's warmth bore onto her mind, they both were exhausted from the surgeries and blood loss they went through.
(Y/n) fought to keep herself awake from the effects of anemia on her body.
She was weak and succumbed to the need for rest.
"I promise that I will be the one to protect you this time.," Shiro said and lifted his head to the sound of approaching footsteps.