Chapter2- Keeping my Cover

You guys! All the votes! Wayyy more than I was expecting:) It made me smile...So I wrote you a long chapter to say thanks

Chapter 2

"Chaaassseee!" I scream in a panic. "Chase, where are you, you little monkey?" I growl angrily at the distant sound of his laughter echoing around the empty room. That means...

"Aha! I found you." I sing cheerfully grabbing him by the ear.

"Owww Jul stop! You're hurting me." Chase whines like a three year old as I drag him out from under the bed, the first place I always look. "What's the big deal anyway?" He groans twisting out of my grasp and twisting my arms lightly behind my back before I can grab him again.

"The big deal? The big deal?! You put hair dye in my shampoo, that's the big deal, you idiot! " I glare hatefully at him frowning as he shrugs casually.

"Come on Jules, It'll come out in a week anyway. Why're you so upset?" Chase smiles reassuringly at me not even blinking as I twist his arms roughly off mine and pin them to the wall

"And I told you that I have my first day of school today." I grind my teeth together angrily as he slowly remembers, his lips forming a little "o".

"Aww Jules, I forgot. I'm really sorry." He sighs looking over my hair with regret before shrugging. "It looks hot though, don't worry. I'm sure everyone will love you...even with blue hair." Chase grins cheekily at me trying to make me feel better-it doesn't work.

"Julianne! Chase! Get down here now." I hear a loud feminine voice demand before stomping down the stairs miraculously not making a sound even on the creaky step.

Chase looks over at me with wide eyes before pushing me out of the way and sprinting down the steps as fast as possible making me gasp and chase after him jumping down a whole flight of stairs and sliding down the second railing. Risky? Yeah. Worth it? Hell yeah.

"Two minutes and six seconds-Julianne. Two minutes and ninteen seconds-Chase." Arianna glares up at Chase who shrinks away a little, unintentionally setting himself up for a lecture. "Chase, what is this? Fifteen seconds slower than last time!" Our boss steps even closer getting right in his face. She's pretty intimidating for a woman only a few years older than him.

"What'd you do,stop to eat a candy bar? Not acceptable. So thats fifteen laps for you. Understand?" Arianna finishes, fuming, her nose only half an inch from his and he looks so scared I want to laugh. For someone who once climbed a mountain without a harness this should be no problem.

He nods quickly his green eyes so wide I think they'll pop. "Well go on, Chase, why are you still here? When I said fifteen laps I meant now in get your butt outside and go do them! " Arianna commands, her brown hair brushing his face as she waves him off.

Chase nods again, his eyes darting over to me before he rushes outside almost jogging.

"Oh, did I say walk? No, I didn't think so. Run, Chase, run!" Arianna barks out and Chase immediately starts running, most likely before she- "You know what, just for that, it's thirty laps." She calls after him and he sprints around the corner and out of sight.

The moment he's out of sight she breaks down laughing. "Oh gosh, Jul, did you see his face? Serves him right for dying your hair blue the first day of school!" Arianna moans flicking her hair back and wiping away an imaginary tear. "Priceless. I love my job." Her bright blue eyes light up with mischief as we laugh together for a moment before getting serious.