Chapter 8- Back on Track Pt. 1

I imagine you're all like when do I get to meet Lanie? So YES the time has come! Also, please check out Fighting for the Future. I love it but it doesn't have too many reads and I would LOVE some great feedback! Also, look out for a question below. If you get the answer right before July 22, I will dedicate to you, my dear reader!

Recap: 

"Oh, don't give me that bullshit. What were you doing in the closet, hmm?" He narrows his eyes a bit daring me to deny that I was there but I can't. He obviously saw me coming out.

"Oh, that. I was just looking for a rag to clean my locker out." I reach into my backpack and pull out a small rag that could be used to clean or dust. Rule 2-  Always have a backup plan.

Mason's eyes narrow even more until it looks like he's squinting and I hold back a laugh. 

"That's not-, You were-, I'll find out what you're up to, Julianne Brent." He promises me looking me straight in the eye before walking away. 

"Wait, how does he know my name?" I realize looking up quickly but it's too late. He's already gone.

Chapter 8

How did he find out my name? Im sure that people are teasing him about it as much as they are congratulating me. That's probably how he found out. 

I smile to myself shrugging it off before turning and heading to class, realizing that the bell is about to ring. I feel a vibrating coming from my phone and dig it out of my pocket quickly knowing this could be important. 

Rule 3- Always have a way to stay in contact with your backup.

I pull the phone out to see a text from Dominic. Keep an eye on Lanie today. Pick you up after track. I glance down scanning the message,and speedwalk to class. I'm about to put the phone back in my pocket when someone knocks into me, dropping their backback to the floor. Oops. I wince and look over to see the backpack is open, books strewed across the hallway. Double oops.

I glance up at her, trying not to cringe. Her eyes narrow as she stands over me, her lips pursing into a small frown. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I wan't looking and you came out of nowhere." I apologize quickly and she just stares at me as I rush to pick up a few books.

She seems to stare at me for awhile, probably cursing me out in her head for smashing into her and I give her a tight lipped smile asa she bends down and collects the last textbook. 

"My name's Julianne." I smile at her confidently and she just wrinkles her nose slightly, brushing some hair out of her brown eyes. 

"Whatever just don't hit me again, alright?"  She snaps at me and I blink in surprise as she crosses her arms defensively. 

"It was an accident." I tilt my head to the side a little, trying to figure her out. "It's not like I pushed you to the floor." She looks at me in surprise and opens her mouth to retort but the bell rings, making her jump a little. She glares a warning at me before grabbing her bag out of my hands and marching down the hallway.

"You're welcome, Lanie." I whisper shaking my head. What a great first impression.

***********************************************************************************************************

Three minutes and 25 seconds, three minutes and 22 seconds, three minutes and 19 seconds." I stare down at my watch counting down the minutes till school ends. All around me, people are doing the same, fidgiting in their seats and flicking glances towards the clock on the wall.