Chapter 1-Chase me if you can

Read me maybe?? You've waited long enough... so here it is! Enjoy xoxBookhungerxox

Eight years later

Close your eyes, Julianne." My eyes flutter shut and I feel a small smile of anticipation cross my face.

The cool leather booth is relaxing and I'm leaning back with my eyes shut, the perfect picture of causualty and chill. However, I'm anything but relaxed as I use my senses to take in the world around me, focusing on Domonic's slightly rough and scratchy voice.

"Okay now, how many people are wearing blue shirts?" Dom asks with a smile in his voice and I mentally roll my eyes chuckling. He always starts out easy. I think about the cramped McDonalds, mentally adding it up.

"Five." I state confidntly and I hear a quiet 'darn' escape from Dom's mouth, which makes me laugh. He can't fool me so easily anymore.

"How many wear engagement rings?" My boss asks and I can picture his smirk without even having to open my eyes. If I had opened my eyes for even a second, he would take any excuse to say that I had cheated.

"Nine." I answer and he stays silent blowing out a quiet breath which I feel on my face rather than hear.

"Very good.Now...last question. You ready?" His voice dips lower in anticipation and I feel myself reacting to his mood change, leaning forward slightly in my chair. I nod slowly and wait for him to make his next move.

"Name the hair and eye color of every person here. "

I take a second to reflect on the scene around me before listing all the traits.  "Blonde hair green eyes, brown hair brown eyes, blonde hair brown eyes..." I continue listing the traits of the twenty seven people in the room stopping when I get to Dominic and I.

"Black hair brown eyes and brown hair brown eyes, the most beautiful girl here of course," I finish grinning and open my eyes. Piece of cake.

Dom is staring at me looking unimpressed, but there's a glint in his eyes that says he is. "Good." A muscle twitches in his left eye as he smiles at me letting only a little emotion slip out in his features. For a man of only thirty, Dominic has the commanding presence of a man twice his age and the wisdom of many of the elders in our work. This is why he's the man in charge. 

He nods and I see him reach in his bag and pull out a file before sliding it across the sticky table to me. I open it curiously and furrow my eyebrows at the brunette staring back at me.She's young enough looking but still older than me, maybe a senior in high school. Her light, natural makeup contrasts with the slightly snobby glint in her eyes and the small smile on her face which tell that she knows she is important.

I glance down at the name Lanie Young before turning to face my boss. "What's this?" I ask trying to hold in my excitement. It can't be-

"Your next assignment."

"What's the threat?" I ask with a small smile. It's been far too long since my last mission and I've been getting anxious for a new one.

Dom shrugs looking me squarely in the eyes. "Death threats so far with a hint of kidnapping. She doesn't know though, and you need to keep your cover. You know the deal Julianne. You blow it, you're out." My boss reminds me seriously and I nod quickly rolling my eyes.

The golden rule of spies- Keep your cover at all costs.

"Oh and one more thing. You're going to high school."  I bite my lip to stop an excited grin from trying to worm its way across my face. High Scool! I laugh in excitement and wait for Dom to continue his speech but he stays silent.