Chapter 2.12

Chapter 2.12:
It's The Final Countdown
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Maya's lungs burned as she ran. Her legs felt weak as she dove into a small crevice, barely big enough to fit her.

"Umph!" She grunted, landing harshly on her shoulder.

But she didn't stop running. She got up and ran. She ran until she was sure that son of a bitch clown wouldn't be able to reach her.

She leaned against the cave wall, each breath sending fire into her lungs. She felt like she couldn't breathe.

Maya shut her eyes in an attempt to focus on her breathing as she began counting to herself.

One

Two

Three.

One

Two

Three.

One

Two

Three.

Her eyes open.. and panic immediately set in.

She was blind.

Each of her other senses dialed to an eleven as her body sunk down to the floor.

"Maya.." A child like voice called. "Maya.."

"No!" She cried out, covering her facr with her hands. "No! Go.. Go away!"

"Maya!"

The sound of her brother's voice caused her crying to stop.

"J-Jo.. Josh?" Maya called out shakily. "No.. no. No! You.. you can't... be.."

"Maya, look at me." His voice was soft and kind.. unlike the day of the accident.

She raised her head from her knees, frowning in conclusion when her sight had returned, but some saw no one.

"Ow!" She cried when a hand roughly pulled her head back by her hair.

"What the fuck?" She screamed upon seeing Josh.

His once brow eyes had faded to a dull gray, part of his cheek had fallen off, leaving a gaping hole behind.

His skill caved in, revealing parts of his decayed brain. Maggots crawled from his eye socket. The skin around his mouth had decayed enough so that only his teeth were an indication of where his mouth would be previously.

Her eyes watered from the overwhelming stench of rotting flesh. "J-Jos-"

"Look at me, Maya!" He screamed, causing bits of skin to peel. "Look at me! This is your fault!"

"N-No.. no.." Maya began to sob as he leaned down closer to her. "I-I.. you- I didn't-"

"Maybe if you didn't need to go see that fucking dyke I'd still be alive!" Josh shouted, "You're a disgrace! You should have never been born! It should've been you that died!"