Chapter Seventeen

FINAL CHAPTER
Kiss Me

"I like you.." Beverly said slowly, shocking Maya. Her eyes widen as her jaw dropped.

"What?" Maya gasped, her eyebrows furrowing.

"Yeah, I like you. Probably more than I should. This whole situation made me realize that I do and that you should know-" Beverly began to ramble, part of her regretting the decision she made to tell her.

A bright grin from Maya stopped Beverly's sentence before she could finish, "What?"

"I like you, too. I have for, like, the entire summer." Maya explained, her cheeks tinting pink.

"Oh." Beverly muttered. Neither girl was sure on what to do next. But when Maya looked up and saw how the sunlight hit the pale girl, causing her to have a glow to her, she knew.

Maya lifted her hand slowly and rested it gently against Beverly's cheek.

"What are you-"

"Kiss me?" Maya interrupted, smiling nervously.

Her words shocked Beverly, but she quickly recovered. She leaned forward to meet Maya half way. Finally, their lips connected.

Relief flooded Maya as she pulled Beverly closer. Her hands fell down to her waist and Beverly's slipped around her neck.

Joy flooded Beverly's body as she smiled into the kiss.

Beverly's lips were soft and warm against Maya's cold ones.

Finally, the two girls pulled away for air. The world seemed brighter when Maya's eyes opened. The air around her felt warmer. Her senses seemed to be dialed to an eleven.

Maya smiled, her face reddening, "Do you wanna, maybe, be my girlfriend?"

"I would love that."

~~~

As Maya walked home, she was practically skipping. Until the worries began to plague her mind.

What if someone saw us?

What if someone tells my dad?

Maya sighed, pausing to look up into the sky. She knew what she had to do.

If she wanted to feel right again, normal again, she had to tell her family.

Specifically, her father. She inhaled sharply, and began on her way again.

Lost in her thoughts of the redheaded girl, and how she would tell her father about her liking to girls, she arrived home faster than she anticipated.

Quietly, she pushed the door open and stepped inside.

"May- Is that blood? Who's blood is that? Where have you been? You didn't even tell me where you were going!" David scolded, looking over from the couch.

"S-Sorry, dad. But, uh, I need to talk to you." Maya said, moving to sit on the couch next to her father.

"Oh, about what?" David was concerned now, as he stared at his nervous daughter staring at her hands.

"I," She paused to take a deep breath, "I might as well just say it, huh? I like.. girls, dad. I like girls."

"Oh, honey, I know. It's okay, you're okay." He whispered gently, pulling his grime covered daughtee into a hug.

"You're not mad?"

"No, honey, no I'm not. You're still my daughter. Liking girls or liking boys wouldn't change that fact."