Chapter 2.2

Chapter 2.2:
Her
□○□○□○□○□○□○□○□○□

Maya felt happy as she stood with the five men, awaiting the arrival of the final two members.

Maya's nerves increased with each passing second, wondering when she would arrive. She wondered what would happen when they saw each other again.

Maya hoped that it would go well.

"Maya?" A voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Hm?" She hummed, glancing over at Richie. He rose his eye brows before speaking.

"Ya gonna answer the question?" 

"What question?"

"Damn. See I told you she wasn't listening." Richie scoffed, leaning against the wall. "What happened to you and Beverly?"

Maya's face fell slightly, "Oh, uh.. we broke up. A long long time ago."

"What? But you guys were so perfect together-"

"Obviously not." Maya chuckled, "Yeah it didn't last much longer after she left. Distance and shit like that really put a strain on it, so.."

Maya shook her head, "but that's all in the past now."

The group glanced at each other before changing the subject to something more light in tone.
Richie said something dumb, causing Maya to laugh loudly. Her eyes fell shut and she subconsciously turned her head to the side.

Abruptly, her laughter stopped when she opened her eyes.

"Oh my god." She whispered to herself. She turned her body fully to the woman standing awkwardly in the door way.

"Bev-Beverly?" She took slow steps forward as her mouth hung open. "Holy shit.."

She looked as beautiful as ever.

And just like that, she was thirteen again. She felt the same she did all those years ago in nineteen eighty nine.

Maya's eyes began to well up with tears. Emotions began to overwhelm the woman's small frame as she continued to take small steps forward until she was directly in front of Beverly.

Her memories from twenty seven years ago came rushing back like a tsunami. The first time they met, their sleepovers, their time spent running from adults after they stole somethings, and finally... their first kiss.

"Hi," Beverly laughed, tears in her own eyes.

"Hah.. Uh.. H-Hi." Maya stuttered out, shaking her head in disbelief. This certainly wasn't how she saw it going. Maya nervously glanced at Richie behind her, who at the sight of her teary-eyed state shook his head.

"Over it my ass." Richie whispered to Eddie. "They are so fucking later. I call the room next to th-"

"Shut the hell up, dude. They're having a moment." Eddie harshly whispered back.

"I've mis-" Maya started, but stopped abruptly, "How have you been?"

"I've been better, honestly." Beverly admitted, rolling her head.