Epilogue

Epilogue

Maya sighed as she pushed the covers over herself. She slowly got out of the bed trying to shake off the heavy weight resting on her heart.

She glanced over at Beverly. Maya thought she looked so peaceful while she was sleeping. Her lips were parted slightly, letting soft snores slip past them. Her short bangs fell into her eyes and her arms were sprawled out around her.

Maya couldn't help but smile fondly, although there was a sad undertone to it. Maya thought back to all the memories the pair shared.

She thought back to the day they met, and how oblivious Maya was to how big of an impact Beverly Marsh would leave on her life.

She leaned against her desk, crossing her arms as she looked back on their sleepovers. All of their almosts. Their shared kisses in secret. The times they would talk the night away.

She sighed, running a hand through her hair as Beverly began to stir.

"Mornin', beautiful." Maya greeted.

"Mornin'," Maya yawned, "what time is it?"

"Time for breakfast." Maya winked, "and you know what that means. Beverly giggled, pushing herself out of  the bed.

The girls made their way downstairs, greeting David and Josh before they sat at the table.

The girls ate in silence, fingers intertwined under the table. Beverly squeezed her hand, subtly showing Maya that everything would be okay and they would be together again. Eventually, anyway.

The two finished breakfast quickly, much to Maya's dismay. She stayed while Beverly left to go upstairs and change.

"You'll see her again, you know."

"I know." Maya confirmed, "but who knows when."

Josh nodded, before leaving the room as he didn't know how to comfort the girl.

Soon, Beverly came down the stairs. A duffle bag was slung over her shoulder.

She walked and stood by the door, a look of sadness crossing her features as she gazed at Maya.

The brunette stood and walked slowly over to Beverly. She stood, hands at her side and just watched the red head. Waiting. For what, now that she wasn't quite sure on. Just something.

"I'll miss you so much!" Maya exclaimed suddenly, pulling Beverly into a tight hug.

"I'll miss you, too.." Beverly sniffed, squeezing her girlfriend tighter.

Slowly, the two girls pulled away. Frowns and tears were evident on both of their faces.

"Portland isn't really that far away, just a... couple hundred.. maybe thousand miles.."

"You'll visit every summer, you have to!"

"I will, Maya, I promise."

"Good! I'd be lost without my good luck charm." Maya tried to joke, but the crack in her voice showed her true feelings.

"Your good luck charm?"

"Ye- well, yeah. Before I met you shit was goin wrong all the time. Then I met you, and things sort of.. went 'oh, hey, everything is fine now.' y'know? And when we got out of Niebolt I almost died, ha, ha.. so.."

"That's cute.." Beverly smiled, "I guess I am your good luck charm, huh?"

"Yeah, you are.." Maya whispered, her eyes glossing over. She glanced through the curtains at the car that had just pulled into their driveway. Sighing, she turned her head back to Beverly.

"Please don't cry," Beverly said frowning, "If you cry I'll cry."

Maya nodded and her hand raised to wipe a stray tear off her cheek.

She leaned forward and connected their lips, gripping her shirt's material tightly in her hands.

Beverly quickly kissed back with an equal amount of passion. Neither girl wanted to pull away, but alas, air became necessary for each.

The car honked breaking the girl's gazes from each other.

"I, uh, gotta go.." Beverly whispered, her hand drifting to the door.

"Okay," Maya agreed. "S-See you soon.."

"Yeah, soon." Beverly agreed, her voice cracking as she pulled open the door.

Tears were now freely falling down Maya's face as she watched Beverly enter the car.

Her mind drifted, as the car drove away, wondering when they'd see each other next. But somehow, she knew. She knew that everything would be okay.

~~~~

Well, that's the ending. Again, I'm not sure how I feel about this entire thing. But its my first IT book ever, so, I think I did okay.

I'll be starting another one within the next two weeks.

With that, I hope you enjoyed this one! Thank you for reading.