Chapter 2.6

Chapter 2.6:
The Five Stages Of Grief
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Are you sure we're going the right way?" Maya asked, glancing around the town as they walked, "This place has changed a hell of a lot over the years."

"Yee have little faith." Richie shouted, earning looks from passing citizens.

"Well, yee have led us in the wrong direction. Three times." Maya deadpanned. Beverly let out a brief laugh, covering it by clearing her throat when Richie shot her a look.

"First of all, rude." He rose one finger, "Second of all, the food place is right there."

Maya looked to where he was pointing, sighing in relief when she saw it. "Oh, thank God. I feel like I've been walking for hours."

"That's because it's been an hour." Beverly pointed out, raising her phone to show the time. "Thanks, Richie."

"Damnit, Richie." Maya huffed, "We're late."

"That's okay. We can kindly explain that our threesome was more important." He shrugged, winking at Maya, "Right sexy pants?"

Maya scoffed, standing on her tippy toes to smack the man on the head. "Fuck off, Richie."

"Listen here-" He paused and raised his finger to point at her, "That is rude!"

"No! I will most definitely not listen-" Maya shouted, pushing his finger down. "

"Maya you can't deny that we had a threesome if it happened."

"But it didn't happen!"

"I see you're in denial. And I have to be honest, you going through the four stages of grief hurts my pride a little."

"There's five, dumbass!" Maya shook her head, laughing.

"Four!"

"Five, babe."

"Mm.. whatever." Richie mumbled, shaking his head.

"Unbelievable." Beverly muttered under her breath. Sighing deeply, she began to lead the two children trapped in an adults body to the breakfast diner.

"We have more important issues at hand, here guys." Beverly tried, but failed.

"What's more important than Maya and her four stages of grief.

"There's five!"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe the child eating clown?"

Richie paused, his mouth opening to respond with a snarky comment. He closed his mouth and put his hands on his hips.

Raising his eyebrows as he continued to try and think of a comment, he eventually shrugged and gave up. "Okay, fair enough. That's fair."

"Great. Now, let's go in." Beverly grinned sarcastically before opening the door. "Such children."

"Hey! I'm older than both of you." Richie defended, raising his hands as he shouted.

"Yet you act the youngest. Shame." Maya sighed, ducking under Beverly's arm to enter the diner.

"So mean to me!"

"Hey, guys! What took you so damn long?" Eddie asked, waving the over.

"Maya kept getting lost after our threesome." Richie smirked, jabbing her in the side.