Chapter Fifteen

Saving Her 

"Stan? Stanley? Stan where are you?" Maya shouted, shining her flashlight around in order to find him. 

"Stan? Stanley!" Eddie shouted shortly after her. "We're coming don't worry!" 

"Stan! You'll be okay! We're coming!" Maya shouted, hitting the door with her flashlight. "You'll be okay!"

Maya and her group of friends gripped the handle and pulled and pulled, until it finally budged.  She gasped as she saw the sight before her. Stan was laying on the ground, Pennywise in the form of the woman in Stan's painting stood above him. IT's mouth latched to his face. Blood trickled from several of the small cuts across his face. 

"Get the hell off my friend!" Maya shouted, stepping towards it. IT stood up and growled at the group of friends, before slithering into the darkness. Maya glared at where IT ran off too, letting out a small scream and jumping back when IT poked it's head out. IT quickly disappeared sooner than IT came. 

"Stan? Are you okay?" Maya asked cautiously, crouching down next to him. 

"Stanley!" 

"Stan!" She heard the shouts of her friends from beside her as they tried to pull him up. He quickly sat up and scooted back, all while screaming at the top of his lungs. 

"Stanley, no!" Eddie shouted, gripping his arm. 

"You left me! You left me!" Stan screeched, looking between the group of six. His face was bright red and he had tears streaming down his cheeks.  Maya felt a pang of guilt hit her heart as she scooted closer to him. She remembered  what she had felt when they had come here a few weeks ago. 

She didn't like it. She hated that feeling, she never wanted to feel it again. 

"We didn't mean to!" Eddie shouted, hitting him on the shoulder. 

"You're not my friends! You made me go into Niebolt! You made me go into Neibolt!" He sobbed, his face still as red as before.

"Stanley, we're sorry" Eddie sighed, frowning at him.

"Stan, we're really sorry. We didn't mean to hurt you." Maya explained softly, gently lifting her hand and placing it on her shoulder. "I didn't mean to hurt you. We're really sorry"

Stan looked at her, but quickly looked away. 

"You know we wouldn't do that to you."

"I'm sorry, too, Stan. I should've listened when you didn't want to come in here. Maya continued, gently rubbing her thumb along his collarbone, before pulling him into a short hug. Eddie scoffed quietly. 

Of course. He thought. Maya gives him her attention again. Eddie rolled his eyes, despite knowing that now was not the time for his jealousy to arise. 

"I-it's okay" Stan stuttered, lifting a hand and wiping his face. She sighed, running her free hand through her tangled hair. 

"I can take you home, if you'd like." Maya offered, only processing what she had said after she had already finished her sentence. 

"It's okay. I'm okay. Besides, we gotta save your girlf- Beverly" Stan caught himself quickly, shooting her a quick apology glance. Maya's heart stopped, as her eyes widened. She looked towards her friends, hoping they didn't catch what Stan had nearly admitted. 

"Was he gonna say 'girlfriend'?" Eddie asked, whipping his head toward Maya. Mike and Ben quickly followed his actions. Maya's blood ran cold as she tried to defend herself

"That's not important right now" Maya said quickly, realizing Bill had disappeared. "What's important is that we find Beverly and Bill." 

"No, Stan, were you gonna say girlfriend?" Eddie asked, standing up and shining his light at him.

"We'll talk later. Now, let's go" Maya snapped, shooting a warning glare at the five boys. 

"We better" Eddie huffed, before following the group through the winding tunnels of the sewer. 

"Holy shit! Beverly!" Maya shouted, gasping at the sight in front of her. Beverly was floating. Bill stood under her, trying to pull her down. She dropped her flashlight and rushed forward towards her.   

"Bev!" Eddie gasped, as he shined his light up at her. 

"Oh shit" Richie mumbled to himself, staring up at Beverly. 

"H-how is she in the air?" Eddie wondered out loud. "Guys.. are those?" 

"The missing kids"

"Just let me grab her" Ben said, as he climbed onto Mike's shoulders. 

"Please be okay" Maya mumbled to herself. Ben grabbed Beverly's feet and pulled her down. 

"Bev! Beverly!" Ben shouted, shaking her "Why isn't she waking up? What is wrong with her? Beverly, please! Come on!" He wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"Bev, no" Maya mumbled, her hand going to her heart as worry flowed through her veins. "No, we can't be too late!" 

He slowly pulled away and moved his hands to her cheeks. He took a breath and pressed his lips against hers. This earned groans of disgust from the other losers. 

Jealousy flared up in Maya, but was soon replaced with relief as Beverly inhaled deeply, the blue color returning to her eyes. She rushed forward and threw her arms around Beverly. 

"Jesus, fuck!" Richie shouted, as he pulled the three into a tight hug. Maya inhaled deeply, relishing in the moment of her arms wrapped tightly around Beverly. 

"I, I was so fucking worried about you, Bev" Maya mumbled, not removing her arms from around her. "Are you hurt?" 

"No, are you?" Beverly whispered into her ear, pulling her tighter. 

"No, no." Maya responded, taking in a shaky breath, 

"Good" 

"I'm so fucking glad you're okay" 

"Me too, Maya, me too" 

The hug was soon joined by the rest of the loser's club. Maya sighed, closing her eyes as she felt her worries about Beverly wash away.