Chapter 42

Six weeks later...

Finally, my cast is off of my leg and I move around freely without having to hold onto those god awful crutches. Danielle drives me back to her house from the doctors office and I start packing up my things. I'm so thankful that they have let me stay with them while I've been recovering, but it's time for me to get back to my own place.

Nick walks into my room as I set the last of my tee shirts into my suitcase.

"Hey." He says with a smile.

"Hi there." I say. He walks over and wraps his arms around my waist. I wrap my arms around his neck and he kisses me quickly on the lips.

"Happy the cast is off?" He asks, parting from me and taking a seat on the end of the bed.

"So happy." I say.

"How does it feel?"

"Really good." I zip up my bag and take it off the bed, setting it on the floor.

I sit down on his lap, catching him off guard. He raises his eyebrow but wraps his arms around me anyways.

"I love you, have I told you that lately?" I ask with a smile.

He grins back, "I love you too Trin."

It's crazy how much I thought Joe was my soulmate for years even though Nick was right there the whole time. I feel bad that things didn't work out with Joe and I, but some things just aren't meant to be.

Sometimes things happen that just make a situation too complicated. It ruins the sweetness of it. Joe and I ruined it for each other.

Nick was there for me when I needed someone the most. He was patient and kind, and stepped back for his brother.

They would do whatever it takes to make the other happy, and I'm so relieved that I didn't come between them. Because that's the last thing I wanted to do.

I don't know what the future holds, but I know that I'm still the luckiest girl in the world.

Joe was and still will be my absolute best friend.

How many people can say they have a Jonas brother in their life, let alone two?

The end.

Authors note:
I just want to thank everyone so much for reading this story. I'm sorry if the ending seemed rushed, but honestly I feel like the story ended on the last chapter. It's all I have left and I'm happy with it. I hope you are too. To be honest, this was supposed to be a Joe story, but something just felt right for Trin and Nick and I went with it. If you liked this story and want to read a Joe story, I have one posted right now called Forbidden, and I really am liking it. So please, go give it a try!! Thank you all again so much. I didn't expect to get this many views at all. Love you guys.