15.

About a month later
~
I never really fancied dressing up. Of course I had to put on a nice suit and tie because it was a big celebration. Even though it was at a bar, I knew getting fancy would be required. I looked in my full length mirror as I tie my tie. I did not like how the suit hooks to my body in a way. It's sort of baggy, but not baggy enough. I sighed and adjusted my fluffy hair. To me, this didn't really feel much like a party, but more like a mission. I was lucky management wasn't telling me to bring Eleanor to the party because she had a cold. I laughed to myself. Niall and I would be the only ones without a date, but by assumption, I was sure that Niall would probably get drunk as a skunk and meet a girl and it would escalate quickly from there. I didn't need a girl in my way tonight, I needed space to observe from.

I drove my way to the bar, and when I got there, Niall and Liam, who had brought Sophia, were standing there. They were all dressed up like me so I didn't feel awkward in a suit while at a bar. A few minutes after my entry, Zayn made his appearance with Perrie. Harry was obviously taking his sweet old time to appear, so we decided to start the party.

The party was just hanging out at the bar. I hung out with Niall at first. I had a few drinks, but just a few. Niall doubled the drinks I had, so it was no suprise to me when he began laughing at everything I said and was walking ungainly around the bar with a drink in hand. Eventually, I found myself alone. I heard the bell ring at the door, which told me someone just entered. Sure enough, it was Harry. I made sure I was hidden so I was not visible to his eyes. I looked up and I saw Harry. He was in a suit and tie like me, so that didn't shock me. He looked the same, but something caught my attention. His eyes. Usually they had that same bright glow that fireworks did when they exploded in the sky. Now, they were dull and fake, and they were looking down at someone. I followed his unfamiliar eyes to a girl. She wasn't much shorter than Harry, but she was thin and had a huge ass. Her blonde straight hair stopped at her shoulders. Her dark red lip stick matched her hideous, tacky red dress. Looking at the girl made vomit rise up in the back of my raw throat. "That's Veronica," Niall slurred in my ear. I jump at his voice, not expecting his presence. "She's a complete bitch, just stay away." I look up at Niall and crack a small smile. Even when Niall was drunk, he still had a little common sense in him. I watched as Niall stumbled away. I decided to stay in hiding, and just watch because like I said, this was a mission.

I watched as Harry ordered drink after drink after drink. I searched my brain for what Niall had told me a month ago.

"He, he isn't himself. All he's been doing is drinking and going to bars."

I just now got it.

He was an alcoholic.

I shook the thought out of my brain and just watched with ease. I watched him and Veronica laughing and having a hell of a time. I felt anger and jealously rise up inside me. I also felt sadness mix in between that. "Harry never had that good of a time with me." I said quietly. I decided to keep my distance as much as possible. I watched him say hi to Liam and Zayn and have a 2 minute chat with Niall. He didn't seem to be looking for me though. I didn't like watching this at all. I tried to think about what Niall had once told me:

"If you ever want to forget about things, just drink. That or get high."

I knew I wasn't stupid enough to take his advice, but I felt the urge to drink. I made my way across the bar to take a shot and I looked back over in Harry's direction. His new, dull eyes finally met mine. I was so surprised I jumped backwards, spilling people's drinks on their laps. I ran away so I couldn't see Harry anymore. I found a place where I could sit and be alone. But, just as quick as I regained peace, I immediately lost it when Niall swayed over to me. He sat next to me and swung his arm around me. "YOU IS MY BEST FRIEND!" He slurred with a huge grin. I just nodded. "Am I your best friend?" He asked as he jumped and clawed at my arm. I knew he was super drunk, so he wouldn't remember any of this. I nodded. "YES! YES....!!!!!!" He shouted. Then, he leaned down and puked all over my shoes. I jumped and put a hand on his back. "Fuck," I muttered. I helped him into the bathroom. As I made my way to it, him hunched over next to me, Harry locked eyes with me again. I grimaced in pain.