𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

I lowkey like this chapter. I didn't wanna make it entirely too long. I try to make my chapters long and squeeze as much as I can in every chapter, but I just can't. Everything else will continue into chapter 11, chapter 12 will most likely officially start Bryson and Isis' time at Clark. Also, fun fact, this was Bryson's first actual single and his name was YNR Choppa. He later changed it to NLE Choppa. But hope you enjoy! If there's any typos/grammatical errors, I'll fix them when I actually re-read over this. Thanks!💗

~

Isis' POV
————

Life has been shitty ever since Kordell died.

Bryson and I ended up getting in a huge argument and I finally confessed about my dad being a cop...or was a cop. Past tense.

When shit like this happens, a lengthy process ensues.

The first step is administrative leave. My dad and the other officer have to then write up a statement about the events that took place.

They'll then be offered counseling afterward, which I guarantee the other cop will feel like he won't need. After all of that, investigators have to decide if Kordell's death was justified or not.

The whole thing could end up being taken to the grand jury, but right now things seem to have come to a halt.

Bryson and I haven't really been on speaking terms. I just check on him and lately he's been leaving me on read a lot, but tries to update me every now and then.

Supposedly, Kordell's mom tried to commit suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning due to sitting in her car in the garage.

Her sister tried to get a hold of her and got worried because she has bipolar disorder and wasn't sure how she was handling his death.

She ended up going over to her house since she has a spare key and checked in the garage and found her. She was unconscious and taken to the hospital. She's ok now, but will be there for awhile.

Even though I didn't personally shoot him, I felt like it was all my fault. If I could've prevented it then I would've.

Kordell's funeral will be the weekend before I officially head to Clark to start my fall semester.

I only know because Mariah told me.

Mariah was furious at first and so was Aunt Destinee.

As for Uncle Marquis...I don't think he'll ever forgive my dad. Just when they were starting to get on good terms too.

My uncle always thought that my dad was a secret racist but I mean...he married my mom (whose clearly black) and has two half black daughters.

I refuse to believe the shooting was a hate crime on my dad's behalf. He shouldn't have shot Kordell in the first place, but he didn't even want to.

Everything was just such a blur.

Kordell's balloon release was yesterday at the spot where he was shot, which was where the guy Rio had his party...if that was even his actual house.

It took place on the corner and they put a little memorial with a couple of crosses, teddy bears, and pictures of Kordell.

I didn't go. I wanted to, but I felt like I would be the one that people would blame because my dad was his killer.

I watched it on Mariah's snap. There were a ton of people from our school, other schools, the party, and people I've never seen who were all wearing all different shades of blue for him since blue was his favorite color.