𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

I didn't proofread this so once I read over it and notice errors I'll fix it and publish it again. If you spot any spelling errors just skip over it for the moment lmao. Anyway thank you for 1.20k+ reads/views! Don't be 👻s! Comment! Tell me who ya favorite character is right now. For me it's between Taylor and Kordell cause they're both fun, hilarious asf, and cool. Anyway, I wanna post more chapters frequently, but I also don't wanna post too much so when each chapter gets a minimum of 4 votes I'll post the next one. Thanks for all the support! Love y'all💗

~

Bryson's POV

Last night was fye as hell.

I wanted to be respectful of her and not really make no move first (dumbass I know), but she was feeling it last night so I said fuck it, why not.

After a few minutes I pulled up to my house and got out, locked the car doors, then unlocked the front door of the house.

I walked in and closed the door behind me and saw my dukes getting ready to head out.

"Hey ma. Where you goin? It's getting late..." I took my 12's off and sat on the couch.

"I got a hot date." She looked at me and winked. "Your old man wants to...rekindle our relationship."

"What that mean? He finna be back in our lives?"

She sat next to me with her purse.

"Not sure...we're tryna take things slow. He's realized it isn't fair that he's not in your life."

"I mean ion really care. It's been years since I've seen him anyway. Wouldn't really be different with him around." I shrugged.

"Bry. He was a liar. I couldn't trust him."

"Exactly. So what makes you think you can trust him now ma?" I looked at her.

"People change. He just got out of a relationship and realized that their love wasn't genuine. Yea I miss your dad and yea it's gonna take a minute to trust him, but him and I have remained friends all these years. I just wasn't sure if he needed to be back in your life specifically."

I was quiet for a minute. "Ma look. I'm technically a grown ass man now."

I cleared my throat once I realized I cussed in front of her. "He already missed out on a lot of important moments in my life."

"And that's why he's tryna be there from here on out. He wants to come to your graduation next week."

We graduate once school is officially out. It's stupid as hell cause it means we technically still highschoolers till we get our diploma.

"Ard well. You be safe. Text me if I gotta come up to Red Lobster and steal some cheddar biscuits and beat his ass."

My ma laughed. "We not going there lil boi. We going to this steak place."

"Wow. He fancy fancy. Really tryna win your heart back." I rolled my eyes.

"Bryson." My mom looked at me. "You're broken. Our family will be fixed, I promise."

"Whatever you say momma. Go have fun lil rascal." I got up and waited for her to get up so we could hug.

"Oh yea." My mom started while walking towards the door. "Where's Dell? I knew it was too quiet when you came in."